SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hermanutic or how you view the bible and the affect of sin!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Hermanutic or how you view the bible and the affect of sin!

This is an issue that may be a large issue! I look at my own life and see my rebellion against God and how we can discount the Bible or the meaning in the Bible because of our sin!

John 5:39 KJV
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

What scriptures do we not obey because it may cause trouble to our fellow friends?
When I look at this concept it scares me because of past sins, I guess I cry I so want to be right with God

Psalms 139:23 KJV
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

There are many ways to view the Bible but essentially this is the prime reason we move say aside principles.
In essence we all change scripture to some degree to suit our own sinful nature!
It is also interesting that we need scripture to reveal our sinful nature!
I don't know who it was who said that the Bible is the only book that reveals the sinfulness of man and has to be written by God as men would not make men look bad!

Romans 7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet." 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

We need the Holy Spirit to bring dead words to life but we need a love of the bible to bring our sins to the fourfold!

I realised this is such a complex issue, as the gay person simply changes the meaning of say Romans 1 to suit his or her own needs but if this is an extreme example, we essentially do it to a lesser degree!

Another issue is with me are we afraid of expressing our views of scripture so that we do not offend anyone even in lesser views! To almost help our brother!
Yet we need to do it in the grace and love of our saviour!
If we essentially we all have a lifetime of sin , all of us have no rock to stand on other than Jesus!

The Questions want answered:
How does sin even small sin affect how I view and read the bible? What affect does a life permuted by sin have an affect on my personal bible study? How can I get closer to Jesus through scripture? If the Holy Spirit does reveal sin, how do I tell people in a loving and graceful manner?

2010/5/8 16:15Profile

Re: Hermanutic or how you view the bible and the affect of sin!

Quote:
The Questions wanted answered are:
1.) How does sin even small sin affect how I view and read the bible?

It is not the outward fruit of the sin nature that is the source of the problem. The problem is our nature (to sin).

We may only recognize the fruit of this nature, and thinking this is the problem, we blind ourselves in attempts to eradicate what our human fleshly nature manifests.

By focus on the manifestation of the very nature of our heart, we overlook the root of the problem. Sin must be eradicated at the root. Romans 6 explains the process to overcome what you mention of chapter 7.

It is by the death of ourselves in identifying ourselves - (taking part)- in Jesus crucifixion of the flesh as our own, that we 'reckon' our flesh dead.

Quote:
2.) What affect does a life permuted by sin have an affect on my personal bible study?

Two times in Revelation Jesus through John reveals that Satan has decieved the whole world.

Looking to the fruits of our sin, or even our human nature that produce these fruits is decieving ourselves.

We are decieved by the world as well, when we take part in the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.

All in all, our nature to sin, the fruits of our sin, the world, and the devil decieve us.

Quote:
3.) How can I get closer to Jesus through scripture?

This comes through first recognizing in and of ourselves we are of no merit. We are the decieved and our nature is to sin. We blind ourselves and deafen our ears as a result of this. From this our heart first becomes hardened, and covered in gross fat.

What we must recognize is that we are of merit because God alone has valued us, and that it is only in Jesus Christ, through the inworking and outworking of His Spirit that we become pure through Him.

If you have any self-esteem, lose it.

If you recognize God's esteem for you, you are walking in the right direction: nothing in myself, God is everything to me.

If you have been broken by God working in your life, you are at a perfect starting point to begin to learn from Him.

If not, forget even thinking about it. Better to pray that He will change you so that He can teach you and that what you learn from Him will become your life in the living.

If He draws you to Him to show you beyond what you just look at, you will know the wisdom and knowledge only available through walking in Jesus Christ.

Anything else is suspect.

Quote:
4.) If the Holy Spirit does reveal sin, how do I tell people in a loving and graceful manner?

The Holy Spirit first reveals you your sin, so when you see it in others examine yourself. Read James 3, Romans 2, and Matthew 7 to understand this more clearly.

It is one thing to be led by His Spirit to reveal and contend, and something different to take it up of your own initiative. One is God's Spirit and the other is your flesh. One is life giving, and the other brings death, respectively.

You can be sure that if God tells you to do such, with the revelation of the error, he will also provide you with the solution to the means of restoration. (whether another is capable of recieving it is also up to the working of His Spirit, so intercessory prayer here is of utmost importance.)

Often, because of an improper foundation, of neccessity, the wrong must be torn away before the building process is even initiated. Another analogy might be weeding, ferttilizing, and tilling a garden, along with watering and pruning, that resulting conditions in the proper environment cause effective growth and fruit.

When something wrong is observed, you pray for that other party in relation to yourself, asking God to show you where you error more clearly. More often than not, if God has not told us outright how to deal with the fault in another, we can be sure that the fault seen is just a mirrored reflection of what is wrong with our self.

Remember, just because the fruit -(of another's nature to sin)- may differ in appearance does not mean that the same root problem does not exist in our self to a greater degree, often bearing fruit of an altogether different outward appearance.

Wind blown,
g
Acts 20:32

"The kingdom then is not for weaklings, waverers, and compromisers... It is not for Balaam, the rich young ruler, Pilate, and Demas... It is not won by means of deferred prayers, unfulfilled promises, broken resolutions and hesitant testimonies. It is for strong and sturdy men like Joseph, Nathan, Elijah, Daniel, Mordecai, and Peter... Stephen... and Paul. And let us not forget such valiant women as Ruth, Deborah, Esther, and Lydia"
~William Hendrickson~

Edited: for typos and greater clarity.

2010/5/8 19:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy