SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Jesus Christ cartoon in development at Comedy Central

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

You're right Chris. "Modern" man, is disillusioned. In Christ, that could mean they are freed from their illusions, but instead they merely found new ones to succumb to. Perhaps the Marxist text you quoted is the most clear and simple statement of the foundational doctrine of our age: man is his own "sun".

It's not a very comforting illusion, so it's no wonder his 'art' cannot rise above cheap scorn and mocking of what he used to believe. The sadness of modern man, detached from his Creator and meaning; forced to find meaning in his own contrivances, wandering alone in the ruins of his own failed utopias, reminds me of these words from Psalm 102.

"I am like a desert owl,
like an owl among the ruins.
I lie awake; I have become
like a bird alone on a roof.

Blessings,

Mike

2010/5/11 12:18Profile

Re:

Can you imagine what would happen if they did this with Mohammed??

Krispy

2010/5/11 13:03
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Can you imagine what would happen if they did this with Mohammed??"

I remember reading in the book "Unveiling Islam" that Mohammed had people killed that criticised him. I came across something this morning that suggests the same thing; it is from a website called Answering-Islam and an article there about Islam and Poetry. I have not researched the qoutes or the article to find source materials and do not know how accurate this information is.

Here is one qoute from the article:

"One Muslim scholar and jurist provides several examples of people who were killed for satirizing or making fun of Muhammad:

In a sound hadith the Prophet commanded that Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf be killed. He asked, "Who will deal with Ka'b ibn al-Ashraf? He has harmed Allah and His Messenger." He sent someone to assassinate him without calling him to Islam, in distinction to other idol-worshippers. The cause of that lay in his causing harm to the Prophet. That indicates that the Prophet had him killed for something other than idol-worship. It was for causing him harm. Abu Rafi', who used to harm the Messenger of Allah and work against him, was also killed."

full article can be read at http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Inconsistent/poetry.html

What a striking contrast to the Apostle Peter's recollection of the Lord Jesus, when He was so shamefully treated:

"Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:" - 1 Peter 2:23(KJV)

Or even of that lesser king, David, who was himself a shadow of Christ:

"They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause. For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer." - Psalm 109:3-4(KJV)

The Lord Jesus said that a servant is not above his Master and both Islam and Christianity agree about the need for following the example of their teachers.

May God help us to follow the beauty and the love of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2010/5/15 10:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy