SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Creflo Dollar a preacher of the true gospel or a false teacher.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
RainMan

Is Creflo Dollar a preacher of the true gospel or a false teacher.

2 Timothy 3 1-4 (NIV)

"1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them."

The desire for earthly wealth is a common trait of a false prophet.

Romans 16:17-18 (The Message Bible)
"One final word of counsel, friends. Keep a sharp eye out for those who take bits and pieces of the teaching that you learned and then use them to make trouble. Give these people a wide berth. They have no intention of living for our Master Christ. They're only in this for what they can get out of it, and aren't above using pious sweet talk to dupe unsuspecting innocents."

Romans 16:17-18 (New International Version)
"17 I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people."

Anyone who teaches anything that Christ or his apostles did not teach is to be avoided.

Ezekiel 22:27
"Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain."

1 John 2:15 (New International Version)
"15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Having read all these scriptures and others on covetousness that always point at a false doctrine. I am wondering if Creflo dollar is a false teacher as can be identified by scripture. I have many pentecostal friends that are still hypnotized by his leaven. I do not judge him as a person as we will all have our works judged by the lord. But i am simply examining the content of his teaching that appears to be demonically inspired. I would like to hear from both parties of this debate.

2010/5/5 11:58Profile

Re: Is Creflo Dollar a preacher of the true gospel or a false teacher.

His last name says it all...

Krispy

2010/5/5 12:09
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Is Creflo Dollar a preacher of the true gospel or a false teacher.

Since I'll be judged by every unprofitable & idle word, all I will say is I believe this man should be prayed for. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

2010/5/5 12:11Profile

Re:

Paul exhorts us to mark and avoid those who cause division by preaching false doctrine... it would not be idle words to say "consider Creflo Dollar marked and worthy of being avoided".

Krispy

2010/5/5 12:16
RainMan

Re:

Jude 1:3 (New International Version)
"3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints."

I agree with krispy the usual line of "i'll just pray for him" is not really scriptural. Scriptural is what the word of God instructs us to do. And marking them that cause division via heresy is what we are intructed to do. We are also urged to contend for the faith that has been entrusted to us. In the natural when a sheep notices a wolf it warns the others and flees from the wolf it doesnt quietly make its exit and pray for the wolf and other sheep it cries and it flees.

Matthew 7:13-16
"13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
15 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

What did Jesus say that the thornbush represents in mark 4?

2010/5/5 12:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
His last name says it all...
Krispy

Last name is okay, Creflo needs work. Maybe Cashflo Dollar?

2010/5/5 13:24
Yeshuasboy

Re:

If I care for this man's soul as much as I do my own, then I'll pray for him; & if that's not Scriptural then I guess I don't understand the Gospel Of Christ nearly as much as you do Rainman; hence, I would ask you to pray for me as well sir. I believe that when the church of today shows the Love it did as in the days of the Apostles, then the world will begin to again repond as it did in those days.

2010/5/5 13:25Profile

Re:

We get out of balance when we focus on the love of God and ignore the justice of God. It's like saying "I love that murderer... we should just let him go." Uh, no.

Of course we should pray for Creflo, but we also are to confront him about his lies and false teachings and try to lead him to repentence and salvation.

Pray, yes... but action too.

Krispy

PS: Cashflo... thats good. lol

2010/5/5 13:31
Yeshuasboy

Re:

No kidding about gettin out of balance. Vengence is the Lord's, not the Christian's. Better to talk about how this man can be convinced of coming to repentence, which is a merciful gift of God than blasting a man behind his back. Mr Dollar speaks for Himself; but God's sheep hear God's voice. Hell is very terrible place, & I wish no man to go there whoever he may be.

2010/5/5 14:37Profile
Santana

Re:

On a side note: His half-brother is 50cent (the rapper).

Get it? Just kidding, bad joke.

2010/5/5 15:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy