SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Street Preacher Arrested

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
There are a lot of churches today that are so liberal that they promote homosexuality and it needs to be brought out in the open that it is a sin and God isn't going to wink at it

As for the sin of homosexuality, God has winked at it at the cross, sin is not the issue, rejection of God's Son is.

I know I am going to get a lot of flack for saying that, but sin is really not the issue here. Sin has been dealt with, Christ has cleansed humanity with His blood "once for all". Why do you think Paul asked the question, "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?".

Of course we know that his answer was "God Forbid", but consider the question first and why he said it. Sin increases the grace of God in our midst. For where sin aboundeth, Grace much more aboundeth. But we who are dead to sin, should not live any longer therein.

Therefore, sin is not the issue.

I know that none of you are understanding any of this, which is really a shame, but in the Old Testament, Sin is what was separating God from man, in the New Testament God pulled man to Himself through the death of Jesus who "taketh away the sin of the world". The enmity was removed thus opening the door for God to come in. Jesus over came it. And has transferred that to us and has made us "more than a conqueror" who didn't do anything in the battle to obtain it.

We are so sin conscience that we think that everyone needs to know that they are sinning. When I put my hand in my Mothers purse to take money out of it, I knew that I was doing wrong. My conscience was telling me that this was wrong. No one had to point it out. Most homosexuals know within themselves that something is wrong, but lust has a way of convincing them that what they are "feeling" is right. Conviction breaks down all walls and reveals to the person that Jesus is the answer. When He is revealed, there can be only two reactions, one cut to the heart and repent. and two, cut to the heart and hate.

A friend of mine was speaking about the love of God in the square and there was a homosexual couple overhearing him and one of them was moved to tears and his dominant partner seeing what was going on, ushered him away. God dropped a seed in that man. God doesn't need our pointy finger to convict men of their sin, He can do it Himself, all we've done is made a mess out of it. While we have given up on people because they wouldn't react to our fire and brimstone preaching, God hasn't!!

The heart of God yearns for man as a lover yearns for his mate. Oh to be filled with the love of God to be saturated in love. To know the love of God that passeth knowledge.

Just words I know, but that word "know" means a lot more to me.

2010/5/6 11:42

Re:

Snuf writes.......

"I know that none of you are understanding any of this, which is really a shame"

Wow Snuff, really? That is quite an indictment , you must be quite a lonely man :) .........brother Frank

2010/5/6 12:11
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

snufalapagus, you said,

Quote:
I know that none of you are understanding any of this, which is really a shame, but in the Old Testament, Sin is what was separating God from man, in the New Testament God pulled man to Himself through the death of Jesus who "taketh away the sin of the world". The enmity was removed thus opening the door for God to come in.

I know what you are saying and would agree to a point. I think the problem is that we get so wrapped around one way of preaching or witnessing or whatever that we ignore the other ways. I think it was Poet who said earlier in the thread that we need to be spirit led. That's the key. The Holy Spirit may lead us to preach holiness, and He may lead us to preach love. Always He will lead us in the correct approach. His word does not return void.

However, I would disagree with your assertion that the enmity was removed. The word says that friendship with the world is enmity towards God. When we are saved, having repented of our friendship and worship of the things of this world, yes. But there is much enmity when we are living in sin.

Could be I'm being nit-picky. I think something we're all going to find out very soon is that it doesn't matter what approach we have we are going to meet with opposition to the Word. It is foolishness to those who are perishing, even if we preach love.

2010/5/6 12:18Profile
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re: Street Preacher Arrested

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Did Jesus ever go about preaching against a particular sin to the crowds?

2010/5/6 15:07Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Did Jesus ever go about preaching against a particular sin to the crowds?

John 3:18-19
18"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

Galatians 5:19-21
19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Matthew 5:22, Matthew 5:28, Matthew 5:32, Matthew 5:34, and so on. Again, I think the issue is that we get stuck on one side or the other instead of being empty vessels before the Lord and allowing Him to fill us with what He wants for a particular time. To walk in the Light and in the Truth is to walk a very fine line. The distance we must travel to be Pharisaical or veering off into an "easy believe-ism" is about as far as it takes to think WE know the answer.

Matthew 10:34
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

We must be very careful in trying to shove God in a corner. God is bigger even than our interpretation of scripture. God's Word is all things to all people, whenever they need what it can offer, whether peace or a sword. You can't just pin it down to the floor and say that it's one way or another. The moment you think it's love and peace you read Revelation. The moment you think God is an angry tyrant He sends Jesus to die for such a worm as I.

2010/5/6 17:07Profile

Re:

Hoo says ...... "God is bigger even than our interpretation of scripture. God's Word is all things to all people, whenever they need what it can offer, whether peace or a sword. You can't just pin it down to the floor and say that it's one way or another. The moment you think it's love and peace you read Revelation. The moment you think God is an angry tyrant He sends Jesus to die for such a worm as I."

Great word brother..........brother Frank

2010/5/6 17:42
LinaUrban

Mexico

Re:

Hi Linda.

You gotta be very careful with scripture. I don't think you did it intentionally but you totally mis-quoated that scripture, and used it out of it's context. John 3: 17, is not talking about not preaching agains people's sins. It's talking about man's fallen condition, read v/18, that men were already condemed before Christ came. That His mission wasn't to condemn for they were ALREADY condemend but instead He came to save! To seek and save the lost. It is biblical to preach against people's sins. It's not biblical to not do so.

Shawn was simply obeying clear scripture, in love but not compromising on the truth.

Here's some clear scripture:

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; PREACH the word; be instant in season, out of season; REPROVE, REBUKE, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."
(2Ti 4:1-2)

And also look here:
"ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for instruction in righteousness" 2Tim 3:16

We can't pick and choose what scriptures to use, or tickle people's ears. It says that ALL scripture is profitable. While I was a Catholic, I thank God that someone showed me Ex. 20:4, they preached against my idolatry. I thank God that this young man valued more what God's word said, than my hurt feelings. We are to be God pleasers not men pleasers.

I will leave you with the words of our blessed Savior Jesus Christ, was this unloving?

But WOE unto you, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. WOE unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore YE SHALL RECEIVE THE GREATER DAMNATION. WOE unto you, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. WOE unto you, YE BLIND GUIDES, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! YE FOOLS AND BLIND: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. YE FOOLS AND BLIND: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. WOE unto you, scribes and Pharisees, HIPOCRITES! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. YE BLIND GUIDES, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. WOE UNTO YOU, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. THOU BLIND Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. WOE UNTO YOU, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but WITHIN YE ARE FULL OF HYPOCRISY AND INIQUITY. WOE UNTO YOU, scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. YE SERPENTS, YE GENERATION OF VIPERS, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? (Mat 23:13-33)

~Lina Urban
www.puregospeltruth.com

2010/5/6 19:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
Snuf writes....... "I know that none of you are understanding any of this, which is really a shame" Wow Snuff, really? That is quite an indictment , you must be quite a lonely man :) .........brother Frank

LOL, not at all. I only wrote that because all I get is rebuttals, so I throw that in just for good measure. I am very aware that people are, but with all these "but's" or accusations, I had to do something. 'But' (see I am doing it too) I laughed with what you wrote Frank, very nice. :o)

2010/5/6 22:05

Re:

Quote:
However, I would disagree with your assertion that the enmity was removed. The word says that friendship with the world is enmity towards God. When we are saved, having repented of our friendship and worship of the things of this world, yes. But there is much enmity when we are living in sin.

Thanks hoohoou for your words, very good.

We need to balance that which Paul said and what Jesus said.

Luke 16:8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

I will admit I have no understanding on what Jesus was saying especially the latter part of the 9th verse. I could use the internet to find out or Matthew Henry, but I prefer a revelation instead, so If any of you have revelation on this verse, please feel free to share it.

2010/5/6 22:13
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Ahhhh humility is as refreshing as Ice cold lemonade.

2010/5/6 22:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy