SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : recording audio from unsaveable video

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

recording audio from unsaveable video

Is there a program or some way to record audio from a video that cannot be saved?

I have access to a New Testament course that has video, but I'd like to save them to a memory stick so that I can listen to them in my car.

2010/5/3 12:11
flameoffire

Michigan

Re: recording audio from unsaveable video

If you have the actual video file, Nero or a similar video editing program can publish the soundtrack or audio of the video file in an mp3. I think you can get a free trial of Corel video converter that will do the same thing.

If you only have access through a website and there's no link to download the video or audio then you probably can't without some sophisticated sound card recorder software that's expensive and tricky to use.

2010/5/3 13:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
If you only have access through a website and there's no link to download the video or audio then you probably can't without some sophisticated sound card recorder software that's expensive and tricky to use.

The latter is what I have... I was thinking that I could put a tape recorder next to the speakers, but then I thought that seems to go against everything that is new age technology. Is there not a recorder program of some sort from the Internet that is not expensive (free rather) and not so tricky?

Thanks for your help.

2010/5/3 19:20
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: recording audio from unsaveable video

Audacity will do what you want, it has a mode where it will capture whatever you are hearing on your PC speakers and it will export the captured audio to mp3.

Audacity is open source free software, I've been using it for years to make compilations and capture/edit audio, it works great. Just do a Google search...

In Christ,

Ron

2010/5/3 20:05Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

Wow,

I have audacity and never knew it could do this. Thanks for the info.

2010/5/3 21:24Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy