Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Lazy Bones

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

That is a good point Brenda I will let her know that I don't appreciate it nor care to hear about it, I work as a 911 Dispatcher and so my job is like an information highway not only for gossip but for stuff the actually needs to be known. This lady like to blur the lines of necessary and gossiping information.

As for falling out of Love with Christ I will definitely take this seriously for this would be quite the offense. Thank you for your suggestion it is appreciated.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/5/1 10:10Profile
passerby

Re:

Be careful though my dear brother, living with non-believers at work will require us to be extra careful with our words and actions:

...Conduct your selves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of opportunity.

Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person...(Col 4:5-6)

...To malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing consideration for all men...(Titus 3:2)

Being mindful of their spiritual state for which we were once like them, let us seek to maintain kindness and honorable relationship with them.

2010/5/1 11:41Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Matthew

I would caution how you approach a non saved co-worker as well. Pray about what the Lord would have you say to this lady and share with her as the Holy Spirit gives leading. When you do share with her be sure that it is in love and not with a "self" attitude.

God Bless
mj

2010/5/1 12:47Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks I really don't know how I was going to approach this whole situation, not really worried about getting persecuted but I do have to spend 8 hours with this lady close to everyday I have to work, and I already know that even if I ask her to not do it she will still do it around me. I agree in Love is the most important part.

2010/5/1 13:10Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

one way to end people sharing gossip is to take this approach, when someone comes and say for example "she/he did this, said this etc" then you say "oh, is that so* well let us now together go to that person, phone that person and straighten this out or ask why etc"

most likely you will get an "oh no!"

then you can share that you as a christian has made an commitment not to slander, speak badly, or of things you dont know for sure or about persons not in your immediate presence. And also explain when someone comes with such information you always go to the person at hand to se wheter this is so or not etc.

most likely no one will share tasty gosip with you any more, probably you will get looked upon as some strange being... but thats ok :)

2010/5/1 15:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy