SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A pastor's prayer during the trials of his pastoral roll - it's marvelous!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

A pastor's prayer during the trials of his pastoral roll - it's marvelous!

He didn't pen it but the pastor recently shared this as a prayer that has helped him much during recent struggles in his pastoral responsibility

(BEGIN)
O God, may Thy Spirit speak in me that I may speak to Thee. O Lord Jesus, great high priest, Thou hast opened a new and living way by which a fallen creature can approach Thee with acceptance.

Help me to contemplate the dignity of Thy Person, the perfection of Thy sacrifice, the effects of Thy intercession.

O what blessedness accompanies even low devotion, when under all the trials that weary me, the cares that corrode me, the fears that disturb me, the infirmities that oppress me, I can come to Thee in my need and know peace!Your grace is necessary to preserve, lead, guard, supply, and help me.

And here, today, Thy saints encourage my hope; they were once poor and are now rich, bound and are now free, tried and now are victorious.

Every new duty calls for more grace than I now possess, but not more than is found in Thee. To Thee I flee for grace upon grace, until every void made by sin be replenished and I am filled with Thy fullness.

May my desires be enlarged and my hopes emboldened, that I may honor Thee by holy dependency and great expectation.

Do Thou be with me, and prepare me for all the frowns of prosperity, the smiles of adversity, the losses of substance, the death of friends, the days of darkness, the changes of life, and the last great change of all. May I find thy grace sufficient for all my needs.

AMEN.

The pastor who shared this put the "frowns of prosperity" and the "smiles of adversity" in italics so as to emphasize them. All marvelous in my opinion!

2010/4/29 13:42Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re: A pastor's prayer during the trials of his pastoral roll - it's marvelo

Quote:
To Thee I flee for grace upon grace, until every void made by sin be replenished and I am filled with Thy fullness.
Quote:

There is a void & emptiness in our hearts that only God through Christ can fill with his love.

2010/4/29 13:53Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re: A pastor's prayer during the trials of his pastoral roll - it's marvelo

AWESOME PRAYER...

2010/5/6 10:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy