SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Good Book

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

The Good Book

So I was reading my bible and just keep getting blown away but how Awesome God is, so in light of all the other heated threads that seem to be going on with debate, I thought I would start a thread we all could agree on. THE WORD OF GOD IS AMAZING!! Anyone want to argue this? :)

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/4/23 0:39Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: The Good Book

Quote:
Anyone want to argue this?

Absolutely not...I am myself meditating right now on Isaiah 25:8, "He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it."

I can hardly express the gratitude and deep satisfaction this hope brings. Death has its drum-beat of doom, and it resounds like a thunderclap with every footstep of the King.
Amen Matthew. The Word is absolutely amazing in every way. It melts me every day. What are you reading that is amazing you?

2010/4/23 1:30Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am reading very slowly now trying to make it a habit and by doing this I am catching somethings that are just awesome.

Matthew 3:7-8 Amplified
7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee and escape from the wrath and indignation [of God against disobedience] that is coming?

8Bring forth fruit that is consistent with repentance [let your lives prove your change of heart];

The more I read the more its confirming what God is just speaking to my heart and what I am telling my youth group. The thing that blew me away was these silly Pharisee and Sadducees are coming to John for baptism because they believe this work will save them but John rebukes them and tells them to repent and prove that repentance with Change. It just makes me so happy to be preaching consistantly with the Word. :)

2010/4/23 1:41Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Proverbs 3v6,, 'In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.'

Whilst this is a notable scripture, I don't think we really grasp what God is telling us here.

In all our ways.

In our speech, actions, lifestyle, thinking.

In ALL our ways. Not some. All.

All.

God bless.

2010/4/23 1:52Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Yeah, I used to think that reading scripture was like Nascar...now I can hardly crawl through a chapter a day. It is amazing how much more the word jumps out at you when you read it slowly and meditate on it as you go.

Good word bro.

2010/4/23 1:58Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I think that we also forget that God is an ALL Consuming Fire burning away all chaff and straw. May we strife to conform to His will and be Consumed by His Presense and Words!

2010/4/23 2:46Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I have to tell you Matthew that I do not agree. I think you have grossly understated how amazing the Word is... :-)

I agree totally brother. The word of God is amazing.

Travis

2010/4/23 20:04Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks for that Travis it definitely made me laugh :)

2010/4/23 20:13Profile
Wordizlife

Re:

all I can say is "right on"

2010/4/23 22:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy