SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can a woman teach???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

THESE WORDS ARE FULL OF PRIDE AND SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS. That much I do know. And sense God is love and is not proud I tend to not receive your teaching.

1 Cor. 10-12

2010/4/22 17:52
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Can a woman teach???

I disagree adamantly with Krispy. My intention is that this will be my only post in this thread (I hope!) (huge grin)

I believe a woman CAN teach without usurping authority over any males present. Why? Because I've seen in action and the meetings were blessed by God according to the word of Mark 16.20 and Hebrews 2.4, if it wasn't blessed by God then He would not have confirmed His word with signs following (on a continual basis).

Quote:
Instead of posturing and trying to justify why women should be able to teach from the pulpit to a congregation of men... why not just read what the Bible says... and obey it? You don't have to understand it, you don't even have to like it or agree with it. God demands obedience. Period.

It seems to be you who are the one posturing over women not teaching; you're the one who's posted the most already (against) in this thread. Truly, if that is how strongly you interpret the Scriptures, then by all means, stay away from any meetings of that sort!! And God bless you and yours!

But, I truly believe that this is denominational theology that is making all the difference between our disagreement; but I realize I'm probably wrong! Let's see! It's usually the Baptist that are against and the Spirit-filled ones (me) who allow them to preach/teach in the presence of men; so I ask....

Are there any Baptists or of that persuation out there that think God DOES allow a woman to teach with men present?

Are there any Holy Ghost filled people out there that think God would NEVER allow a woman to teach with men present?

Or should I be asking the questions differently?

2010/4/22 18:06Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re:

Well, Jesus certainly broke with tradition.
In Jewish culture during his day women were rated as second class citizens, their word had no worth or power - Their opinions were never asked, they had no say at all, women were not even allowed to give evidence to a court!!

Yet Jesus on the day of His resurrection appeared to Mary first - telling her to tell his disciples that He is alive!! Jesus elevated a woman to telling His message to His disciples - something never done in that day! The first Gospel message that Jesus is alive was spoken by a woman - thanks to Jesus Himself!

My husband has studied into this subject and it's literal meanings. A woman must not userp a man's authority.
In other words 'must not exersise authority on ones own account' 'must not domineer over' 'to act on her own authority' ' must not use womanly charms for her own means'
My husband after studying in depth has no problems with a woman teaching at all. All that matters is that both men and women teach the pure word, the pure truth.

As I have stated before in a similar thread, I teach and have done Bible studies at our church and others.
I have always submitted to my husband, we have a strong relationship. We submit t our church leadership. Neither have ever had a problem with me teaching.
My father also tells me he's proud of me, which means such a lot to me. He loves to share and often asks for my thoughts on whatever he is studying at that moment, he sees it as I'm following in his footsteps, and is so thrilled.
God doesn't seem to have a problem with using me as a vessel as He blesses His word so much and there has been such a wonderful annointing. Surely God can give gifts to whoever He pleases.

I had a situation with a friend who came around our house regular, had supper and bible discussion with my husband and I. On one occasion as he was asking questions, I was sharing answers and explaining things to him, and he completely blanked me out and ignored me!! after a while of this I asked him why was he was doing this to me, he replied "Oh you're only a woman! scripture forbids you to teach me! "well!" I said, "I'm only answering your questions!"
I found this attitude completely offensive and so rude. I was angered by this and left my husband to sort it out with him.seeing me treated this way hurt and upset my husband too.

To be in submission doesn't mean to be under the thumb and dominated! but it is a place of safety, of covering, of respect, where you can grow and develop into the person God wants you to be. My husband, in our 24 years of marriage, has shown me such love and respect, strengthened and encouraged me into the woman I am today.

Why isn't there more talk on 'Husbands love your wives as Christ loved His church and gave His life for her'!!
Don't hear many men discussing that!
Jesus elevated and respected women and gave them a rightful place, but plenty of men want to put women down and under the thumb and keep her quiet!
Is that how Jesus loved the church!

2010/4/22 18:15Profile

Re: you betcha

Quote:
Never mind:)

yay....you betcha....like i said before.."and again and again". this thread has all the potential to be a real doozy....great witness guys.

we gotta laugh MJ.....no wonder things are the way they are.

2010/4/22 18:33

Re:

Did someone mention a can of worms?

What about those women who are not married?

Isn't their head of authority Jesus himself?

Paul was speaking about married women not taking authority in teaching, because they were to show submission to their husband.
Right?

Now, if a husband asked his wife to get up there and teach/preach, she would be in rebellion if she she refused.
Is that what you call decent,in order, and submissive?

Ceri seems to have a clearer picture about all this.
(Your hubby and you, Aquilla and Priscilla,
were talking to Appollos?)

Paul did not want women to preach/teach of their own accord over the main assembly.
Why?

I'm guessing, but here is the basis:
Eve was decieved and Adam was not.

Some will say, Ok, Adam was not decieved, and if you look to Genesis, you will note that he was standing right there with Eve when she was seduced. Right then, at the very foundation of the establishment of the current Kosmos, Adam is in outright rebellion, but Eve is confused.

On a similar note related to all this, if you check into all the cults that have sprung up in America, looking into their (sometimes savory) histories of origin, women have either started them, or in some way, through womanly "wiles" in the background, irregardless of said women being either a man's forethought or afterthought, through either domineering ways or seduction, they manipulated their men into starting them.

Eve was decieved.
Adam was not.

Doesn't Paris Reidhead have a sermon regarding the principles behind this issue?

CIAO!
g
Acts 20:32

2010/4/22 19:39
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
On a similar note related to all this, if you check into all the cults that have sprung up in America, looking into their (sometimes savory) histories of origin, women have either started them, or in some way, through womanly "wiles" in the background, irregardless of said women being either a man's forethought or afterthought, through either domineering ways or seduction, they manipulated their men into starting them.

Scholarly references to substantiate this, please.

2010/4/22 21:03Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

dmoney,

My words were prayed on before posting. It is up to you or not to receive them.

Blessings.

2010/4/22 22:52Profile
Ashmoe

Re: Just to clarify what post I was talking about.

Just to clarify what post I was talking about.

THESE WORDS ARE FULL OF PRIDE AND SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS. That much I do know. And sense God is love and is not proud I tend to not receive your teaching.

Instead of posturing and trying to justify why women should be able to teach from the pulpit to a congregation of men... why not just read what the Bible says... and obey it? You don't have to understand it, you don't even have to like it or agree with it. God demands obedience. Period.

2010/4/22 23:38Profile

Re: Miccah I was talking to KRISPY KRITR

Miccah I was talking to KRISPY KRITR

2010/4/22 23:56

Re: Freedom and love in submission to the WORD!

1Timothy2:9

9. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10. But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

............."Instead of posturing and trying to justify why women should be able to teach from the pulpit to a congregation of men... why not just read what the Bible says... and obey it? You don't have to understand it, you don't even have to like it or agree with it. God demands obedience. Period."

Brothers and sisters: Amen

To defy the Word is to bring confusion and pain upon yourselves. Women do not belong in teaching roles over men, or preaching roles, over men. Women were not made for that, and bring suffering to all when they do.

2010/4/23 6:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy