SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Adverts at the ends of Sermons for Books and CDs

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Adverts at the ends of Sermons for Books and CDs

This is a trend that I have noticed in christian circles, where a end advert promotes something like a book or cd even in Conferences!
I know Sermonindex promotes the phrase

Matthew 10:8 KJV
Heal the sick , cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received , freely give .

In my town in Hemel Hempstead people are getting poorer and that sometimes selling books and things can put people of the gospel! If people do not have enough money for food and then a ministry suddenly promotes something like a book! It is a dangerous area! I am not by no means saying that people should read there bibles!

Being not in work it has really shown up what ministries I can support and afford to buy there books?

Having no money you are always careful? Am I buying a lemon or something worthless? What value would this book provide me or help me grew in the Lord?

It sometimes upsets me when you hear different ministries promoting there book or something when you have no money!
In a world where christians have no money and so do non christian? How do you evangelise when you have no money?

This is where Sermonindex has this right. I hope that God will provide the money to keep Sermonindex going!

2010/4/17 6:48Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Adverts at the ends of Sermons for Books and CDs

Acts 3:1: Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.
2: And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3: Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4: And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5: And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
[b]6: Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.[/b]
7: And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8: And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

Not having money was no handicap to Peter. . . .

2010/4/17 12:21Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Adverts at the ends of Sermons for Books and CDs

God has given you his gifts.
... and he gave gifts unto men

here is what you can do:
1.witness and preach local. door to door, shopping centers,etc.

2. Start a blog. International

3. Before you do any of these things pray and find out what God wants you to do.

God gave otheres gifts as well. That is why they have written books and developed cd's and videos. Hopefully, these "Ministers of Rightousness", use the funds for furthering the ministry of Christ and not for personal gain.

2010/4/17 13:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy