SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : WSC Q. 5. Are there more Gods than one?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougkristen

WSC Q. 5. Are there more Gods than one?

Q. 5. Are there more Gods than one?

Grace,
Doug

2004/10/15 14:46Profile
Rahman

Re: WSC Q. 5. Are there more Gods than one?

1Cor.8
[5] For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

including satan, the god of this world ...

[6] But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by Him.

2004/10/15 15:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There are many 'gods' but one true God!

[b]Ephesians 4:5-6[/b] - One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

2004/10/20 11:32Profile
dougkristen

Re: WSC Q. 5. Are there more Gods than one? - ANSWER

WSC Q. 5. Are there more Gods than one? -

ANSWER

A. There is but one only,[18] the living and true God.[19]

[18] Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: Isaiah 44:6. Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 45:21-22. Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 1 Corinthians 8:4-6. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

[19] Jeremiah 10:10. But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation. John 17:3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 1 Thessalonians 1:9. For they themselves show of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 1 John 5:20. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

2004/10/25 12:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy