Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

twayneb on 2010/4/10 13:50:51

Quote:
sure, I am speaking of final judgment on sin. There are those who believe that natural calamities such as earthquakes, fires, floods, hurricanes, etc. are today being sent from God as a judgment on those who are committing sin. Many of them would vehemently disagree with me, but I don't believe that to be the case at all. These things are simply manifestations of the corruption that is part of our fallen world. I don't believe them brewed up by Satan or sent by God. Rather they are a "natural" part of a corrupt, fallen system we call earth.

A year or two ago, a Honduran man told me about one of the hurricanes that hit Honduras in the 1980s. He said that there was a village of practically all witches and witchdoctors. He said that the hurricane totally wiped the village off the map. New Orleans has been known as "sin city" for many years for many reasons. Just before a parade for homosexuality Katrina hit. If you go to a hurricane tracker on the internet, and look at the shape of the path of Katrina, it is the perfect shape of a sickle.

God (the same yesterday, today and forever) "hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm" -Nah. 1:3

Haiti has been steeped in witchcraft for many years. After what happened this year there was a revival of repentance there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vEntWb7AI

I'm not trying to say that EVERY natural disaster is a targeted act of judgment, but there are some that really make you wonder. I believe that as Jesus spoke to the storm and it ceased, He is still in control of ALL that happens on this earth, and whether an act of nature was a targeted act of judgment, or just a pruning of good branches, God permits everything for a specific reason.

Quote:
I believe that when Jesus died on the cross, God suspended judgment and deals with man on the basis of grace, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. In the old testament we find things happening such as the ground opening up and swallowing people as judgment from God. Things changed with the sacrifice of Christ and judgment is reserved until that great day of the Lord when His wrath will be poured out on all those who have rejected the sacrifice of Christ.

What about Ananias & Sapphira (Acts. ch. 5)? What about Elymas the sorcerer (Acts 13:8-11)?

2010/4/19 15:34Profile

Re: Judgement

Yeah, you right!

We have seen references of judgement via natural calamnities, however one that just sends chills down these bones was one that happened so quickly and violently without warning, and the resulting effects:

Acts 12:
21 So on a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat on his throne and gave an oration to them. 

22 And the people kept shouting, “The voice of a god and not of a man!” 

23 Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died.

24 But the word of God grew and multiplied.
~NKJV

...but the thought of the ground trembling, when God will be glorified with or without judgement, it seems to always indicate He is about to do something great:

...like when Jonathan and his armor bearer slew all those philistines, and accounts in Acts: after prayer of the assembled congregation in one accord after Peter and John were arrested, or Paul and Silas jailed in Philippi...

...and who should forget Jesus' crucifixion?

CIAO!
g
Gal. 6:7

2010/4/19 16:50
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
What about Ananias & Sapphira (Acts. ch. 5)? What about Elymas the sorcerer (Acts 13:8-11)?

Good question. Physical death is not judgment, that still awaits these three individuals. But a good question. I will think on it.

Travis

2010/4/19 22:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy