SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request for a dear sister's memorial service

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
nolongerlive

Maple Ridge, BC

Prayer request for a dear sister's memorial service

Hello my brothers and sisters,

I have a prayer request for a memorial service that will be this weekend on April 3rd. My dear sister in the Lord passed away on March 23rd and this weekend will be her memorial service. She has been a dear older sister to me through the years I've known her and a wonderful example of Christ. She enjoyed the threads on SI over the years and though rarely posted, was blessed and encouraged by many of you.

Her one desire while she was on earth was to glorify the Lord in all that she said and did, and He used her in many ways, especially in love and kindness towards those lost in the world. Many of them, family and friends, will be at the service this weekend and I have the blessed honor from the Lord to share of her life in Him, of her love of His Word and her desire to follow Him and take up her cross daily.

I ask, my brethren, if you would be willing to pray for the service, for hearts to be open and prepared, and for myself to be at rest in His strength and grace, to speak His words that would glorify Him in sharing of her life and service to Him.

Thank you dear saints and I will keep you posted...

In His love - Amy

2010/4/1 17:15Profile
MaryJane

Re: Prayer request for a dear sister's memorial service

I will be praying for you.

God Bless
mj

2010/4/1 17:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Prayer request for a dear sister's memorial service

Quote:
and though rarely posted

If this sister posted on SI would you mind telling us who she was? what name did she post under?

It is a wonderful blessing when one can have such close friends. But know that if they walked with the LORD they will now be in his presense forever. This is a blessing.

I know some will consider this morbid, but I love to go to the funerals of a saint, one who has walked with the Lord. There is always a sense of an abiding peace, a quietness, a reverence that is not experienced in other large public gatherings. It is also a time when one reflection his own mortality. And that is healthy spiritually.

May this service be a rich blessing to the attendees.

Blessing,
ginnyrose

2010/4/1 20:30Profile
nolongerlive

Maple Ridge, BC

Re:

Hi ginnyrose,

Thank you for your response, and yes, I agree, I enjoy going to the funerals of saints where He is glorified. I went to one where this old saint had walked with the Lord his whole life and his six children were on stage singing hymns together and praising the Lord. It was a marvelous time of praising Him and His presence was definitely tangible in the place.

My dear sister's name was Lois and on here she would have posted as myexodus23.

Thank you again for your prayers and encouragement.

Amy

2010/4/2 17:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy