SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : FDA approves computer chip implants for humans

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 FDA approves computer chip implants for humans

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved an implantable computer chip that can pass a patient’s medical details to doctors, speeding care.

VeriChips, radio frequency microchips the size of a grain of rice, have already been used to identify wayward pets and livestock. And nearly 200 people working in Mexico’s attorney general’s office have been implanted with chips to access secure areas containing sensitive documents.

Delray Beach, Fla.-based Applied Digital Solutions in July asked the FDA for approval to use the implantable chip for medical uses in the United States. The agency had 60 days to reply to the “de novo” application.

It’s the first time the FDA has approved the use of the device, though in Mexico, more than 1,000 scannable chips have been implanted in patients. The chip’s serial number pulls up the patients’ blood type and other medical information.

With the pinch of a syringe, the microchip is inserted under the skin in a procedure that takes less than 20 minutes and leaves no stitches.

Silently and invisibly, the dormant chip stores a code — similar to the identifying UPC code on products sold in retail stores — that releases patient-specific information when a scanner passes over the chip.

At the doctor’s office those codes stamped onto chips, once scanned, would reveal such information as a patient’s allergies and prior treatments.

2004/10/14 9:23Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: FDA approves computer chip implants for humans

This is a very alarming story. Depending on your view of Revelation 13- I would say we are closing in on it fast. We need to really pray for each other in these last days. We need to pray that our faith would not fail and that we hold fast to the very end.

2004/10/14 9:54Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Here is a link you might be interested in reading about this.

[url=http://www.infowars.com/print/bb/verichip_cleared.htm]http://www.infowars.com/print/bb/verichip_cleared.htm[/url]

Grace,
Doug

2004/10/14 9:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This is a very alarming story. Depending on your view of Revelation 13- I would say we are closing in on it fast. We need to really pray for each other in these last days. We need to pray that our faith would not fail and that we hold fast to the very end.

Yes its so scary to imagine that all of this is so close and at anytime it could just happen. We surely need to live for the Lords coming more then we have ever been. Is the Christian body of Christ living as if Jesus was coming back?

2004/10/14 10:01Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Is the Christian body of Christ living as if Jesus was coming back?

The subtlety with which these things are coming to pass reminds me of Daniel 12:10:

Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

When I was a child these things were talked about all the time in sermons and in Church- now. If you didn't know better, you would wonder if they even care any more.

The scary thing to me is that so many 'so called Christians' will be so blinded to the events of these last days both prophetically and morally that to hold a biblical view of anything will be considered extreme and radical- even crazy. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not taking any mark (etching is a process to make computer boards btw) in my right hand or forehead. Call me a nut, cry pretrib or preterism or anything else; but we have been warned about this and we do well to take heed. The reality is growing too close to the prophesy to believe it is not what we have been warned of- yet, the stakes are so high many are going to fall away.

2004/10/14 10:17Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Robert,

Many years ago a brother that was witnessing to me was very much caught up in a lot of what I thought was pretty extreme ideas about these things, had a whole time line laid out, etc. etc.

Funny thing now looking back on it. At that time I can remember him saying "Oh yeah, you will be able to buy gas with your credit card and get cash in these 'machines'..And I thought man, this guy's whacked (Was of course unconverted working in a gas station, where you had to pay the attendant...) and it all led up to the use of implants...thought it was all scare tactics.

Quote:
The scary thing to me is that so many so called Christians will be so blinded to the events of these last days both prophetically and morally that to hold a biblical view of anything will be considered extreme and radical- even crazy. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not taking any mark in my right hand or forehead. Call me a nut, cry pretrib or preterism or anything else; but we have been warned about this and we do well to take heed.

Forget the 'doctrinal' hair splitting.
I am with you 100%, what was 'whacky' 20 years ago is now the norm.

2004/10/14 10:31Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Eventually we will be a cashless society. It's going to happen...

Grace,
Doug

2004/10/14 10:46Profile
Rahman

Re: FDA approves computer chip implants for humans

Brother Robert you wrote;

Quote;
"This is a very alarming story. Depending on your view of Revelation 13- I would say we are closing in on it fast. "

i heard this last nite on NPR on my way home and had a praise service in my car, because all i kept hearing was, "Your deliverance is getting near, your deliverance is getting near"!

Fulfilment of prophecy right before my very eyes sends my "faith" into the stratosphere! ... Come quickly Lord Jesus!

2004/10/14 11:38Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Eventually we will be a cashless society

We all ready are the stuff thats in you wallet or pocket is only a note. Gold and silver is a thing of the past. the goverment has your Gold and silver. and gave you funny paper.

2004/10/14 19:19Profile
shazbot

USA

Re:

Dougkristen, that link you posted is not from a reliable source. It is an extremist website that accuses Bush of orchestrating the 9/11 attacks and also of being a cocaine addict. I would be wary of anything coming from that domain or organization. Alex Jones, a deranged conspiracy theorist, runs that website.

Also, while I would certainly not want such a thing in my own body, that is far from being a mark of servitude to the beast. And I would add that while we all seem to have a pretty good handle on what we [i]think[/i] the book of Revelation means, we probably don't. The book of Daniel predicted the coming of Christ, but nobody understood it* until after He came. It will probably be the same with the book of Revelation and the church.

*Except, probably, the wise men who came to visit Him as a child, since they would have had to start their journey from the Orient a few years in advance of His birth.

2004/10/14 22:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy