Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Praying for Rick Warren

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Praying for Rick Warren

Please respond to this post if you are willing to commit to seriously pray for Rick Warren between this time and the Desiring God 2010 Conference. This would include a time of daily prayer for him, that the Lord might graciously open his eyes to sound doctrine and sound practice in church leadership. It might also include regular periods of fasting on his behalf, as the Lord leads.

If so, please respond to this post. Not in a Pharisaical spirit, letting your prayers be heard in the streets for the sake of self righteousness, but as an encouragement to other believers to intercede for a leader who leads many to be awakened to truth. God is gracious. Perhaps the Lord would revive us in the process.

In Christ,

Jon

2010/4/1 9:03Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re: Praying for Rick Warren

Well, hate to say it, but that's about what I thought would happen. And we have the audacity to talk about revival.

Jon

2010/4/1 22:01Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I have been praying for both pastors for three days now. And will continue to do so.

"Return to me, says the LORD of hosts, and I will return to you, says the LORD of hosts." Zechariah 1:3

2010/4/1 22:22Profile

Re:

Thine Will Be Done!

2010/4/1 22:59

Re:

I'll be praying for Rick Warren and John Piper. I still pray for the "leaders" of my old fellowship who have been influnece by Rick, and others like him, who now seem to have apostasized. May the Lord grant them repentance.

2010/4/1 23:26
utilizer001

Oregon

Re:

I will not say that I shall commit to prayer for this full time. But, the Lord Awoke me from my sleep, and after my customary praying for the salvation of my wife, Rick Warren was the next person God put in my mind to pray for.

May God do a mighty work in Mr. Warren's life, that he might become a preacher of the Word of God.

Jason

2010/4/2 1:48Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re:

Praise the Lord.

2010/4/2 10:26Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
Well, hate to say it, but that's about what I thought would happen. And we have the audacity to talk about revival.

I think you are far off, brother. Does the New Testament indicate that Paul prayed for Demas or even for Peter before he rebuked him? Yes, the Scriptures do teach us to pray for others, but a committed prayer like you ask for? Is it even the will of God? No, the false teacher is to be rebuked and set aside. This is the instruction of the Word of God. Accept no substitutes. And in saying this, I agree that prayer is good and a blessing and a worthy Christian act, but it is not the emphasized and authorized Scriptural response.

2010/4/2 13:36Profile
Lawevangelis

Justin, TX

Re:

If you believe that Warren is a false prophet, you believe he is unsaved.

Do you pray for the unsaved?

On what Scriptural warrant?

Jon

2010/4/2 14:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
I think you are far off, brother. Does the New Testament indicate that Paul prayed for Demas or even for Peter before he rebuked him?

There are multiple millions of things that were never written down in scriptures but we can rightly assume by Paul's ways that he most certainly would have prayed for Demas and on the way up to Jerusalem, he probably prayed for Peter even though he knew that Peter was wrong. I bet Paul was hoping that this was all a misunderstanding because it's not like these great men who have been in the presence of God to want to get entangled up in bitterness towards one another.

Are we so quick to tear down, or do we pray for our brother? The times that I had gone to a brother to ask for forgiveness I prayed that the Lord would set it up so he would benefit from the healing.

Someone who has concerns for Rick Warren is merely asking anyone who feels the same way to pray too. I do not feel to, but others will.

2010/4/2 17:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy