SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pentecostal Baptist

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
These are just some of the reasons, but the scattering of the sheep from Evangelicalism and pentecostalism has brought togeter strange bed-fellows, but thise who Love the Lord with all their hearts.

Some may call it the rise of the Remnant.

They come from every concievable background and have been flowing out and away from the above mentioned denominations. There is new wine coming and it will require a new wineskin. The tearing down of the old structures has begun.............Frank

I see this too. I claim to be neither a pentecostal nor baptist, but a come out from among them and be ye separate.

It's what I believe about what the Lord has shown me... about what going to come to pass. I posted it here on this forum and at your website too:

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/a-coming-reformation/#comment-1008

2010/4/1 11:19Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Recently I decided to give up my title as being Pentecostal. Though I am Pentecostal in my doctrine, I prefer simply to be known as a Christian. Why, after all, should I put an emphasis on my doctrine of the Holy Spirit over that of my other doctrines? Whatever pet doctrines I may hold, I am still ultimately a Christian.

If somebody presses me as to what church I go, I will tell them it's denominational affiliation. But honestly, when I was searching for a church recently, I wasn't dogmatic about finding one that claimed to be Pentecostal. In fact, feeling a little burned out from Pentecostalism, I was hoping God would take me somewhere that was simply evangelical/non-denominational. But, alas, He brought me back to another Pentecostal church.

2010/4/1 12:45Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Recently I decided to give up my title as being Pentecostal. Though I am Pentecostal in my doctrine, I prefer simply to be known as a Christian"

Jimmy, I am with you on this brother because if Pentecostal would mean being baptized with the Holy Spirit then that would be all right, but too many today relate to being Pentecostal with the denomination, in which there are unscriptural teachings concerning salvation and baptism.

Some do not see the necessity of being baptized with the Holy Spirit because they believe that they got it all when they were saved. On the other hand some believe that when they were baptized with the Holy Spirit that they have got it all. Both views are wrong. The question is: "are we filled with the Holy Spirit today"? The Word of God implies that being filled with the Spirit is an ongoing, continuous filling. "Be being filled" (Ephesians 5:18).

Mike

2010/4/1 14:44Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
The question is: "are we filled with the Holy Spirit today"? The Word of God implies that being filled with the Spirit is an ongoing, continuous filling. "Be being filled" (Ephesians 5:18).

Leonard Ravenhill once said: "There is no such thing as one filling with the Holy Ghost that is going to last you from here to eternity."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BeO-iCqxvI

The baptism of the Holy Ghost is just as real, and just as tangible and just as necessary in today's church as it was in the beginning. God is not a cessationist! ...and for that I am truly grateful!

2010/4/1 15:04Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I appreciate the comments and input that I recieved from this thread, and I am more overjoyed by the fact that I am in agreement with a great majority of you. The Lord has actually placed on my heart that I shall pledge no allegance to Creed, Denomination, Group, People, Doctrine, Nation, or Man, my soul Allegance is to Christ Jesus the Son of the Living God and Lord of my heart.

I was corrected greatly on the whole denominational battles but the Lord showed me that every man believes what they believe for a reason and so with that in mind I must respect what they believe, I don't have to agree but I do have to respect. My main goal when speaking with someone that has different views as me is to at least understand where they are coming from. I believe that when persecution comes denominational barriers will have very little weight as to who is your brother and sister in Christ.

I believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as the Pentecostals do but I am in the camp that doesn't nessecarily sees Tongues as physical evidence, to me the only real trust worthy evidence is a Changed and Repentive Heart and life.

Something that the Lord also placed on my heart is Home Churches and I believe that we will see this more as we come even closer to this persecution that is coming.

Thanks again for the great response to this it has definitely been encouraging and enlightening.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/4/1 21:22Profile

Re:

Quote:
Something that the Lord also placed on my heart is Home Churches and I believe that we will see this more as we come even closer to this persecution that is coming.

I agree.

Quote:
As far as the Pentecostal movement is concerned, some of the reasons for its death are......Word of faith movement....Prosperity Gospel......signs and wonders( an obsession with it)

True.

Quote:
Most Pentecostal Churches now never hear a message in tongues with interpretation nor a prophetic word (also exhortation) or word of knowledge.

I wouldn't say never, it's just very little. In the 90's we used to have a tongue and interpretation almost every service. Now, it's slowed to once a month or even two.

Quote:
Pastor Brian Long spoke in the Wales conference about the Presence of the Lord having departed

I am not sure if it's a departure of the presence of God, rather our departure from God. To put it bluntly we are not desperate enough for Him. When we push all this world aside and really seek God, I mean seek!! Because God hasn't gone anywhere, His Kingdom is in us and His presence is there, we need to STIR OURSELVES UP, QUIT YOU LIKE MEN. In other words, Stop being like men and put on the mind of Christ. We hear more sermons than we hear the voice of God. Jesus spent ALL night praying to His Father and would come down from the mount refreshed to do whatever the Father showed Him to do for that day. Jesus is our example that we should follow after. We are not doing it folks, we simply are not desperate enough. The Apostles wouldn't give themselves to wait on tables, they said, it's not meet that we leave the word of God and serve the accounting department. They knew where the power of God was, we don't.

2010/4/1 22:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy