SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can Satan Minister Death Through True Gospel Preaching?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
osandoval

Re:

elected wrote

Quote:
Whom is this preacher serving, without no doubt the devil and he is an intrument of the devil who appears as an angel of light to deceive many. Im talking about an unregenerated proffessing christian.

A preacher will either minister death or life, if he has the life giving Spirit of Christ he will minister life and be a poured out wine to others, if he is only a scribe skilled in the letter of the law he will minister death and be an instrument of darkness. There is no neutrality here, you are either for God or against God.

Redi, first of all I want to say I was edified by your post and agree with most of it. The only concern was in the above quotes. It seemed to me that you were stating you can't be a true believer and lack the power of the Spirit in your preaching.
I totally understand that there are multitudes of false converts and false preachers within the church today and that is a sad reality. And it is obvious that the devil can use these individuals to do more harm than good with their hypocrisy.
But my main concern was in regard to true believers who may not go all out for Christ and endeavor to serve Him in the preaching of the gospel. I know from personal experience that you can be a true believer and lack the power of the Spirit in your preaching. And this can be due to a number of reasons, such as laziness in seeking God, holding on to certain idols or hindrances in our walk with Him.
I have been there, and I know some who are there right now. They seem to be true believers who show much love for Christ and for His Church and the kingdom of God and for the lost. Yet there are certain distractions or idols they hold on to which hinder them from being used by God more effectively.
I have seen how the devil can whisper things like, "it's ok to have a little fun with these things; it's not a sin; you are free to have a little leisure; you don't want to be too legalistic or pharisaic; you don't want to be a sour Christian; you don't want to be too strict with yourself and others; etc."

Blessings,
Oracio

2010/4/9 11:14Profile
osandoval

Re:

Correction, I meant to include the following quote in my last post

elected wrote

Quote:
A preacher will either minister death or life, if he has the life giving Spirit of Christ he will minister life and be a poured out wine to others, if he is only a scribe skilled in the letter of the law he will minister death and be an instrument of darkness. There is no neutrality here, you are either for God or against God.

2010/4/9 11:58Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Hi Oracio,

You Wrote:
"Redi, first of all I want to say I was edified by your post and agree with most of it. The only concern was in the above quotes. It seemed to me that you were stating you can't be a true believer and lack the power of the Spirit in your preaching.
I totally understand that there are multitudes of false converts and false preachers within the church today and that is a sad reality. And it is obvious that the devil can use these individuals to do more harm than good with their hypocrisy".

I want to apologize for the misundestanding. What i wrote in my thread was somehow not accurate.I myself am in the category of poweless christians in desperate need for a pure heart and holy walk with the Lord.

What i have discovered from my experience as a christian is that sanctification is a lifelong process and that we need the carry our cross in our daily life and reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive to God. I confess that i have been in the past a spiritual and moral failer most of the time and if i examing myself and all the years since i was saved, my conclusion is that i have lived most of the time backsliding, than living in daily fellowship with Christ and for God.

Sin brings deadness of heart to the believers and if we dont bring it to the cross and deal with it, we give place to the devil in our lives. Thats why we are in a spiritual war agaist the powers of darkness and evils spirits, to protect the ground of our heart which belongs to the Lord. We have been brought with the blood of the Lamb, but if we dont deal with personal sin in our life, we our playing with fire and will be overcome by the sin, the flesh and the world.

If someone backslides he will not be a minister of the life of Christ, because his heart is 'dead' in sin and he does not has an intimate relatioship with Jesus. The source of Life is Jesus Himself, He is our daily Bread and Word to nourish our souls. The question is can a backsliding christian minister life to others if he has no intimate relationship with Jesus? No. Thats impossible. He will minister to others the deadness and empitness of the heart. He probably will speak from past experiences with God or from the Manna he ate in the wilderness, but if he does not drink in the present time from the Source the living water of life, he will share our of the biterness of his spirit.

We often are blind to the reality of things, and often believe our poor theologies and theories than the Word of God. Many christians are saved and will go to heaven someday thanks to the grace of God but many dont live in present with Christ and in Christ. Believe in Christ is a vital union with the Savior. Believe is a present tense word, the scriptures dont say you believed once that's enough or you will believe but believe in Christ. Faith is a journey, and that journey starts at the cross when we are born again and ends when we pass away from this life. Its a life of faith in Christ we are called to. The branch cant bear fruit unless its one with the Vine. Oneness and unity in Christ is a daily matter, not once and for all experience of past.

P.S. Oracio i hope that i made things a little bit clearer.

Blessings,

Redi

2010/4/12 15:25Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy