SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Maple Syrup

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HeartSong

Maple Syrup

God is so good.

For the past couple of years I have been thinking about tapping the two maple trees that I have on my property. Last year I tried to order the supplies, but I waited too long and they were sold out for the season.

Yesterday I was out walking and ran into someone that was emptying the sap saks that he has on the trees in the park. When I inquired about tapping my trees he said that it was too late for the season because we were not scheduled to get any more nights of freezing. He gave me information on where to get the supplies and offered to let me borrow his in case the weather changed. We talked about God being able to do anything and I told him that I would let him know if I needed to use his supplies.

Well, last night the temperature fell below freezing, and it is now scheduled to freeze again tonight and I have four sap saks hanging from my trees and the sap is flowing freely into two of them.

It never ceases to amaze me that God cares for us in even the smallest of things and I shake my head in disbelief that I can be unbelieving about anything.

2010/3/28 21:40Profile
HeartSong

Re: Maple Syrup

It is going to fall below freezing again tonight. More syrup!

It just amazes me that cold, followed by warmth, causes the tree to bleed - which brings forth the most wonderful sweet substance.

Something that just occurred to me - bleeding itself is not painful, it is the cutting through the flesh that hurts.

2010/4/7 12:29Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hmm yummy, maple sirup! My family loves it! Can I have some ?:)

2010/4/7 13:17Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Nice! Praise the Lord!

2010/4/7 17:04Profile

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that God cares for us in even the smallest of things and I shake my head in disbelief that I can be unbelieving about anything.

I hear ya! I find that He gives like that when we least expect it. That always lets me know that He very much wants to be involved in the mi-nute things of our lives.

2010/4/7 17:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy