SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Call for end to persecution of Christians in Britain

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Call for end to persecution of Christians in Britain

[b]Call for end to persecution of Christians in Britain[/b]

Six prominent bishops and Lord Carey, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, describe the "discrimination" against churchgoers as "unacceptable in a civilised society".

In a thinly-veiled attack on Labour, they claim that traditional beliefs on issues such as marriage are no longer being upheld and call on the major parties to address the issue in the run-up to the general election.

read more: [url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/7531293/Senior-bishops-call-for-end-to-persecution-of-Christians-in-Britain.html]http://www.telegraph.co.uk[/url]

2010/3/28 16:42Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re: Call for end to persecution of Christians in Britain

I have just read the telegraph article here and to be honest it angers me that some Christians reguard being asked to remove a piece of jewellery as persecution!
Get real here - especially when there is genuine persecution and Christians losing their lives in various countries, with not one of those people fighting for the right to wear a piece of jewellery!

We do not need to wear a cross on a necklace to show we are Christians - and I agree that it is a common piece of jewellery that even unsaved wear!

I feel that christians such as the woman who kicked up a storm with British Airways over the wearing of a cross on a necklace are making fools of themselves and are being an embarrassment to other believers. I cringe whenever I see them on the news! The storm they kick up is so unneccessary.
They would show better fruit by obeying those in authority and workplace uniform codes.
Being told to abstain from wearing jewellery is not going against God's laws!
We worship God in Spirit and in truth - with all our heart soul and might - not by wearing a cross around our neck!

It is common sense that nurses/care workers and others in the public sector do not wear loose jewellery at work and is for their own safety.
On a community care course we were told of various injuries caused to staff by patients grabbing hold of items of jewellery.

It is not in the 'outward adorning' that we are known as Christians - but by our love and the fruit we bear!!

2010/3/28 19:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy