SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : What does the Bible really have to say about the secular Nation-State of Modern-Israel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

this is just getting worse

Quote:
For crying out loud!

If it was all just a typo which you "which i realized LONG before your accusation, and with horror..."

why did you go on to say that you never even insinuated that I was a Neo-Nazi??? Come on man! You can't have it both ways!

Now.... I've got a little bombshell for you to think about. Remember how you wrongly assumed I was British... and then went on and on about it? Well, what if I told you that you are more gentile than I am (judging from you earlier post about your grandmother)?

Wouldn't that be a laugh!

none of this is a laugh, its downright heartbreaking.

Correct me if i'm wrong, you sir, are a seminary trained, ordained Reverend, clergy, or pastor?...with a flock, an assembly, ekklesia or church you oversee?

wow....alright.

truly a time to get out into the B'Midbar for me.

2010/3/26 14:28
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

It's exchanges like these here that grieve my heart and make me wish I had not posted a comment on this thread.

Brothers if ye bite and devour one another take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. Gal. 5.15.

Neil, I'm not sure if any of your reaction is the result of the one post I made earlier. It would grieve me if you misconstrued or misunderstood anything I said.

2010/3/26 14:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
The modern secular state of Israel exists so that God might ultimately punish it and bring the Jews to salvation at the end of the age.

You know Jerusalem was leveled to the ground in the first century ending age of law keeping. That was a catastrophic event. The Jews lost all identity as a people, most of them were crucified, sold into slavery, they didn't migrate together as a group to one particular place to live out their lives, they were literally scattered fulfilling the words of Ezekiel and Jeremiah which says:

Jeremiah 9:16 I will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them.

Ezekiel 5:11-13 Wherefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD; Surely, because thou hast defiled my sanctuary with all thy detestable things, and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish thee; neither shall mine eye spare, neither will I have any pity. A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them. 13 Thus shall mine anger be accomplished, and I will cause my fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall know that I the LORD have spoken it in my zeal, when I have accomplished my fury in them.

Now compare that with the words of Jesus:

Matthew 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchers of the righteous,30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore YOU (keep in mind the audience to which He was speaking to) be witnesses unto yourselves, that YOU are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

Matthew 23:33 YOU serpents, YOU generation of vipers, how can YOU escape the damnation of hell?

Matthew 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city.

Did not verse 34 be fulfilled as the Apostles were being hounded by the Jews from city to city??

Matthew 23:35 That upon YOU (the stiff necked Jews) may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom YOU (their forefathers) slew between the temple and the altar.

Here's the clincher,

Matthew 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All THESE THINGS (the things that Jesus had just said to them) shall come upon THIS (THAT) generation.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Matthew 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Jerusalem was a desolate waste land when the Romans destroyed it in 70AD. Why can't we accept that??

Are the people in that day not important that when they asked a question that He would answer their concerns? Or did He like to play with their minds?

Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

If you want to see me, your going to have to recognize Me as your Messiah. John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but YOU SEE ME: because I live, ye shall live also.

2010/3/26 14:35

AD

Quote:
It's exchanges like these here that grieve my heart and make me wish I had not posted a comment on this thread.

Beloved, me too...believe me when i tell that i am crushed, and contrite...never should i have gotten into this, i FORGOT the ministry of holding my tongue, as Bonhoeffer outlines in the work, "Life Together"....and for that i am deeply sorry.

neil

2010/3/26 14:39

Re: AD

I have just lighted upon this thread and got to reading the more recent stuff. Such silly dialogue, is it really necessary? Why can't we stick to scripture and let the word of God do the offending instead of our own tongue. If we are lashing out at one another, where is the love of Christ??

Where is our temperance?

Walking after the Spirit is denying ourselves and taking up the cross, by this shall all men know that you are my disciples (how will they know) for they will have love for the brethren.

Is there love being exhibited here?

One of you should have said nothing in response. To what reason is a response? Are you defending yourself? Were supposed to be dead.

When Jesus was reviled, He reviled not again. When He was beaten, He didn't have an ill feeling in His body to return the favor, instead He held His peace.

Paul says, "Study to be quiet".

2010/3/26 14:55

Snuf

Quote:
One of you should have said nothing in response.

that should have been me, correction accepted, now i'll be quiet.

2010/3/26 14:58
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: AD

Brethren, "play the ball not the man".... keep on subject and try not take it personal. I know it is difficult and for natural reasons we feel much for some subjects. ....Being reviled, we bless (1Co 4:12 NKJ)

This thread will be locked for more personal "attacks", accusations and the rest. But i know we always have the option of bringing the aroma of Christ into any situation, and trust we will here also...

2010/3/26 15:01Profile

Re:

Ps 129:5 “Let all those who hate Zion be put to shame and turned back.”

Gen. 17:7-8: “And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. "Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

Deut. 30:3: “the LORD your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the LORD your God has scattered you” v.5 “And the LORD your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it .”

Lev 25:38: “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to give you the land of Canaan and to be your God.”

Exod. 6:8: “And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as a heritage: I am the LORD.”

Deut. 1:8: “See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to your fathers-- to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob-- to give to them and their descendants after them.”

2010/3/26 15:04

Re:

Hey Rev, good verses.

Now compare the Land with Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were STRANGERS and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an HEAVENLY: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is ABOVE is free, which is the mother of us all.

2010/3/26 15:18
RevCrabtree

Re:

So... what have we learned from all this?

RC

2010/3/26 18:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy