SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : What does the Bible really have to say about the secular Nation-State of Modern-Israel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
RevCrabtree

Re: dont worry Reverend

Brothers,
Help me here, I'm new to all of this... is this Nathan guy always like this?

I mean to say calling me a Neo-Nazi in his last post was a little over the top wouldn't you say?

Help me on this one I thought that this was a discussion forum for brothers in Christ...

Yours,
RC

2010/3/26 13:04Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi RevCrabtree...

Quote:

Why not go find a bible, blow the dust off of it and help us advance this discussion?

Whoa...this was uncalled for. Perhaps Brother Nathan is reacting to this very sort of rude and mean spirited rhetoric?
Quote:

Do you think that the modern secular nation-state that calls itself Israel is the same as the "Israel" mentioned in Scripture.

Yes.
Quote:

If so why?

Because I have NEVER seen anything in the Scriptures to indicate otherwise. I included some passages in my previous post in this thread. These are included in Romans 10, Romans 11, I Corinthians 11, Ephesians 2 and Ephesians 3.

I hope this helps.

2010/3/26 13:09Profile

Reverend, now you have me laughing.

...not in joy, but in pure bewilderment at your disingenius religiostic palaber, ie, adress me as "My dear Nathan".....(the name's neil by the way, Natan is my Hebrew name, ever since i was a boy in synagogue)and then write this to me:

Quote:
Why not go find a bible, blow the dust off of it and help us advance this discussion?

whoa. nice.

my Bibles...dust? um, no, some are held together with duct tape, the one i have in front of me is still in pretty good shape, its an ESV, i was going thru the Minor prophets this morning, Joel to be specific, before i made the mistake of coming onto this forum, and made the mistake of bandying words with you.... they're all leather bound, except for the 1824 KJV, which altho almost 200 years old is very servicable, its cloth hard cover, altho the dear woman who owned it had a habit of reading while she cooked, so on some pages there are splatters, but ah....no dust. thanks for your concern though, we have nothing to talk about

2010/3/26 13:10

no sir Reverend

i never called you a neo nazi, nor even intimated that, and please, do not blame me for your ramping onto this forum with such a divisive topic, before even getting to know people. you dont need any help, i WILL beg off this thread now, please, feel free to discuss such a topic with the brethern, but dont accuse me of slandering you.

2010/3/26 13:15
MaryJane

Re: Reverend, now you have me laughing.

Greetings RevCrabtree

Yes it is a discussion forum. However this topic is very near and dear to Neil heart, just as I am sure it is to you. Perhaps that may be why his posts come across as being "worked up" as you put it. Is it possible that some of your comments to him have been over the top as well?? Please consider that some of your responses to him have not been very Christ like either. I encourage you to pray before you post, respond in love, allow Neil to have his view and convictions on the matter just as you want to have yours. Its a discussion forum to encourage and edify one another not force our own points of view on other believers.

God Bless
mj

Edit: Neil I had not read each post so when I wrote the above response I was going by RevCrabtree post. So I have edited my post to reflect your clarification so as not to further any misunderstandings.

2010/3/26 13:15Profile
RevCrabtree

Re:

Well I do apologize if "blowing dust off Bibles" is offensive...

It was simply intended to be a light-hearted way to ask for some biblical justification for his position… He never did offer any you know.

So forgive me for that if it was offensive, honestly that wasn't my intent.

And, thanks for your answer and for the references that you've given. I wonder if you could clearly articulate, where specifically you feel those passages are referring to Israel in terms of the modern secular nation-state that calls itself "Israel."

I'm serious about this! I'm not trying to fan the flames here…. I think that if you really examine the texts in question within the context of the unfolding history of redemption you’ll have no answers to give me.

God Bless,
RC

2010/3/26 13:20Profile
RevCrabtree

Re: no sir Reverend

Nathan,
Ha!

You did call me a neo-Nazi and you went back and edited it out later... Oh, dear.

Look, honestly, I'm sorry if I offended you but the first I'd ever heard of you was when you jumped into the middle of an otherwise typical theological discussion (not a divisive topic as far as I knew) and started writing about my being British, about Neo-Nazis and a bunch of other things that I'm still confused about.

But again, I'm honestly sorry if I've caused you any distress.

God Bless,
RC

2010/3/26 13:32Profile

you're just digging Reverend

Quote:
You did call me a neo-Nazi and you went back and edited it out later... Oh, dear.

that was a typo, a missed word, which i realized LONG before your accusation, and with horror, i went immediately back and inserted the word "NOT"...i'm usually very very precise about words, and i missed one, the word "NOT".

I'll give you a very short equation;

"British-Israelism" = "Christian Identity" bracketed by "replacement theology", all doctrines of the devil, and Reverend, i am not going to engage in dueling Scriptures with you, i fear God and will not profane His Logos by such a vain exercise.

ah Israel, Reverend....if they arent getting excoriated by the "secular left", they're getting bombed by the islamists, whether they be sunni, shia or wahhabi's...or just plain Israel hating secular pan-arabists....OR in this case, told by a portion of the Church, that they, Israel is illegitimate, faux, phony, not blessed by God.

ah Israel...its not your fault, you're a Gentile, born into empire, an American, nobody has come to murder your people, burn your Torah's, force convert your son's....what you understand about the history of the Jewish people?..

2010/3/26 13:51
RevCrabtree

Re: you're just digging Reverend

For crying out loud!

If it was all just a typo which you "which i realized LONG before your accusation, and with horror..."

why did you go on to say that you never even insinuated that I was a Neo-Nazi??? Come on man! You can't have it both ways!

Now.... I've got a little bombshell for you to think about. Remember how you wrongly assumed I was British... and then went on and on about it? Well, what if I told you that you are more gentile than I am (judging from you earlier post about your grandmother)?

Wouldn't that be a laugh!

yours,
RC

2010/3/26 14:01Profile

Re: LOINGIRDER TRANSLATED!

Quote:
Miccah wrote:

Where is LoinGirder when you need him?

My husband was taken up in a fiery chariot to the Seventh Heaven, where he wears a heretic-hunter's crown 20 feet high and with 10,000,000 jewels in it. That is why his name now appears as "anonymous."

2010/3/26 14:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy