SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Help!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Help!

So this is a praise report and a cry for help all in the same post, First off I am saying its a praise because my wife has a feelings of her Lostness, which I believe is a praise because God only saves the lost, she and I had a long discussion on this and I advised her that this is the starting point, (I didn't rush in with the sinner's prayer or Four Spiritual laws) What I did do was explain to her the lostness she is feeling and that its actually a good thing, Then I explained Conviction, Repentence, and Confession. She feels unworthy of God's Love so much that she is rejecting it. What can I do to help her in this process or is this a process that God must do everything on? Also What would be something to do to help water these seeds. I am having faith in God to let these seeds grow please pray for me and my wife that she may come in counter with the full gospel and that She accepts it. I believe right now she is at the Awakening stage moving into the Conviction and Repentance stage.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/25 20:47Profile
wind_blows

Re: Help!

hey matthew i will pray for your wife. in some ways i really feel I can relate to what she is going through. All I can say from my own personal experience is that its a process, don't rush the work of the Holy Spirit. Trust and put your faith in Him. As far as watering these seeds, in love share things that you are seeing in your own walk. Share with her about the sins that the Lord shows you in your own life share with her how your eyes were opened to see these things and how God brought you to repentance.Let her know that you once stood where she is now and how much the Lord has done for you. Don't overwhelm her though, again all things in His time, pray and ask God for opportunities but to force them if they are not there. I think its really important to listen and to point your wife to Jesus but you have to remember this is not about you, its not even really about her, its about Jesus being deserving of His reward. Perhaps there is a trusted sister in the Lord who might share with her as well, even though you to are close there are times when it really helps as a woman to have another woman to share with. No offense to any of you guys out there but on some issue we(being men and woman) are just so differently wired that it makes it hard to share some things, eve with our spouses.

As far as her feeling unworthy of His love I am sure if you think about it you can relate to that, after all none of us is worthy of His love that is what makes it such a precious gift. From your posts that I have read you seem as though you really love the Lord, just let that love pour forth into your relationship with your wife and let God do the rest.

This is just my thoughts on this so pray about it and take what God has for you and leave the rest:)

in Him
Ellie

2010/3/25 21:10Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks so much Ellie, and I couldn't agree more rushing this is definitely a poor move its the same as a farmer planting seeds and then going and digging them up the next day. I understand what she is going through because I just recently went through what she is going through. I am explaining to her Awakening and she has a good understanding of it because she just recently saw me about 3 months ago go through this, God definitely knows what He is doing. I told her that she had a lot of pride to deal with as do most people and she finally saw the fact that she had a prideful heart. Something that was encouraging was at church we have free bible study books and devotionals and she grabbed all she could and has started up those devotionals. I appreciate the prayers and thanks so much for the advice.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/25 21:47Profile
DBen

Western NY, USA

Re:

I will be praying dear brother.

2010/3/25 21:59Profile

Re: Help!

Hi mguldner,

You might like an old sermon by Neil Rhodes called '[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/2080525S2.mp3]Don't Stop Sowing Seeds[/url]'. It's slightly more wide-ranging, but I think you'd be encouraged, and may be able to work out what his exhortation means for you in this situation.

2010/3/29 11:24
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I would suggest you show her the Love that God has for her in Christ Jesus.

Praying for her~Alan

2010/3/29 12:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy