SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'The Beast' movie: Jesus didn't exist

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 'The Beast' movie: Jesus didn't exist

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

A movie whose purpose is to prove that Jesus Christ never existed and that demonizes Christian fundamentalists is scheduled to open on June 6, 2006 – that is, 06-06-06, the "666" biblical mark of the Beast.

Directed by Brian Flemming, who is described on the film's website as a "former fundamentalist Christian," "The Beast" promises to spread the theory he claims is "gaining credibility among scholars" – that Jesus was made up out of thin air.

"The authors of the Gospels, writing 40 to 90 years after the supposed life of Christ, never intended for their works to be read as biographies. There are no credible non-Christian references to Christ during the period in which he is said to have lived," states the film's site.

Currently in pre-production, the film's cast and crew are "legally sworn to secrecy," the promotional site says.

On the trailer, which is viewable on the film's site, ominous music plays while these words flash across the screen: "Centuries ago, a legend was invented… forgery … fraud … coercion … wealth … greed … torture … murder … war … gave it the power to dominate the world." The words are displayed on a background of a painting of Christ's face.

2004/10/12 19:12Profile
Janus

Cape Town - South Africa

Re: 'The Beast' movie: Jesus didn't exist

Well, here we just see the fiery with which our enemy is coming down on us christians in these last days!! I believe it will get much more difficult for us christians here on earth before our Lord comes!! But to see all these things happen all around us should let us lift our eyes up to heaven, expecting our Lord and Christ on the clouds!!

Let us then now al the better run this race with our eyes and hearts on Jesus, as our enemy is to strong for us and we can only concur with Jesus!

Love in Christ
Janus

2004/10/13 4:04Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. (Phi 1:15-18 KJV)

I have to admit that I sometimes struggle to share Paul's reactions recorded above, but in that ...When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. (Isa 59:19 KJV) I have to admit to a certain 'tingle' at the prospect of the battle.

2004/10/13 4:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Well, here we just see the fiery with which our enemy is coming down on us christians in these last days!! I believe it will get much more difficult for us christians here on earth before our Lord comes!! But to see all these things happen all around us should let us lift our eyes up to heaven, expecting our Lord and Christ on the clouds!!

Yes its almost as if the movie "passion" has open the floodgates for other religious movies of another sort bringing deceptive and harmful views into place. It really was ashame that the passion movie was mute and left the imagery to speak. I was reading a quote from Jonathan Edwards in Religious Affections this morning of him saying that the direct way God shows divine truth to an individual is through the preached word.

2004/10/13 9:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy