SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : IHOP is to be questioned.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Knitefall (Shawn),

Keep praying for your brother, and stand in the gap. The Lord will use this situation for His glory.

God can take the veil away and expose the underlying darkness. He can do what all our persuasive words and pleading cannot.

May you have a mighty testimony from this. God bless.

2010/3/30 5:07Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Numbers 23.8

To everyone,

[b]How can I curse whom God has not cursed? How can I denounce whom the LORD has not denounced?[/b]
Numbers 23.8

This is wisdom.... in our trying to uncover the truth about a certain ministries, we [b]NEED[/b] to be be sure we are not denouncing them based on "our" denominational and/or theological beliefs (differences) because we do not want to find ourselves denouncing someone that God has NOT denounced.

(edited for clarity)

2010/3/30 5:59Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Well said Lysa.

2010/3/30 10:23Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: IHOP is to be questioned.

The acid test is always, does it bring worthy and lasting fruit or not and is it initiated by God or by man. There are ministries that are doctrinally very sound and give to the poor and avoid contemporary fads but are still self initiated.
There are ministries that have the right appearance but do not produce lasting fruit.
There are also ministries that lack in certain areas but bring good fruit.

In God's Kingdom it is possible that a new convert who comes right out of the gutter and knows half a bible verse can bring scores to Christ whereas doctor of divinity with sound doctrine just brings death through human reason and fine sounding arguments.

Mat 15:13But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

Mat 7
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2010/3/30 13:26Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

We have a local house of prayer that is patterned after IHOP in our city. I know personally most of the men and women that worship the Lord at these gatherings, and they are some of the most committed and dedicated Christians that I know.

That does not mean that I agree with everything that is going on at IHOP.

Most of the intercessors that pray with our intercessory prayer group on a regular basis move in prophetic ministry. It was a great challenge for me to work with these brothers and sisters because their spiritual giftings are different from mine. If I would have judged them by the outward appearance, I would have fled from that group. Now that I have got to know them personally, I have got past judging them after the flesh according to various manifestations of the Spirit that I do not move in, and now see them as vital members of the Body of Christ. It has been uncomfortable for me to say the least, but I have seen brothers and sisters of all ages that have such a passion and zeal for God, and there is no way that I am going to throw water on that fire that the Holy Spirit has kindled within them just because they express themselves in praise and worship differently from the way that I do.

I am vey familiar with the ministries of Mick Bickle and Lou Engels, and all that I can say about them is that they are men of integrity that have a heart for God.

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

2010/3/30 13:35Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Could it possibly be if many are coming in to IHOP that maybe they are coming in because they are being won to Jesus? When I visited IHOP all I saw was commitment and hunger. Some of the music wasn't my style, but it says in the word to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Some folks singing isn't music to my ears, but they are ministering to God not me and maybe it sounds pretty to Him.

2010/3/30 14:43Profile

Re: God looks at the individual heart.

by narrowpath on 2010/3/30 9:26:43

"The acid test is always, does it bring worthy and lasting fruit or not and is it initiated by God or by man. There are ministries that are doctrinally very sound and give to the poor and avoid contemporary fads but are still self initiated.

There are ministries that have the right appearance but do not produce lasting fruit.
There are also ministries that lack in certain areas but bring good fruit.

In God's Kingdom it is possible that a new convert who comes right out of the gutter and knows half a bible verse can bring scores to Christ whereas doctor of divinity with sound doctrine just brings death through human reason and fine sounding arguments."

Mat 15:13 "But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up."

AMEN! Seated in Heaven; salted on the Earth.

2010/3/30 14:47
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
narrowpath wrote:
The acid test is always, does it bring worthy and lasting fruit or not and is it initiated by God or by man.

I didn’t know that “man” could initiate fruit that is worthy and lasting! Matt 7.18 says it can’t happen but I do agree with you we will know them by their fruit. Let’s be specific about the fruit the Bible talks about: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (Gal 5.22-23).

The problem seems to lie in our understand of the giftings... especially when their giftings differs theologically / doctrinally from ours. We, humans, can be so narrow minded in this area, can’t we? (grin) AbideinHim has much wisdom in his statement, [i]“Now that I have got to know them personally, I have got past judging them after the flesh according to various manifestations of the Spirit that I do not move in, and now see them as vital members of the Body of Christ.”[/i] Amen and amen.

Not going by what others have said or written on the Internet, do any of you [b]KNOW[/b] beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has cursed or denounced this ministry? The word says "let your yea be yea and your nay nay;" so if you DON'T know for sure and you keep plunging ahead denouncing this ministry and others, God have mercy on you.

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1.25

2010/3/30 17:38Profile

Re: IHOP is to be questioned.

to Xaris4u ,Miccah,Solomon101,Lysa,Goldminer,AbideinHim,snufalapagus

quote from your post !

(IHOP)they are ministering to God not me and maybe it sounds pretty to Him.
Mick Bickle and Lou Engels, and all that I can say about them is that they are men of integrity that have a heart for God.

To everyone,

How can I curse whom God has not cursed? How can I denounce whom the LORD has not denounced?
Numbers 23.8

This is wisdom.... in our trying to uncover the truth about a certain ministries, we NEED to be be sure we are not denouncing them based on "our" denominational and/or theological beliefs (differences) because we do not want to find ourselves denouncing someone that God has NOT denounced.

Because their eyes are steadfast on cultivating lifestyles that are authentically built unto putting the first commandment in first place.
God's great grace to you as you continue in that same spirit brother!

It is all said with a heart to see God move in an undeniable and supernatural way. I agree fully with your post. You have the balance.

If it withstands the furnace, then let it be. If not, then pray for eyes to open and the blind to see.

They're abiding passionate is to cultivate Psalm 27:4 hearts in servants of Jesus.

they'd pray until God met with them and things became different in their services. He writes about the love of God being the foremost important aspect of the Christian walk. If the love of God isn't present in a persons life, soul winning would be a chore, but with that love, he had witnessed the Spirit of God moving upon people with ease and people dropping to their knees repenting without any prompting from the minister.

I agree !!! what you had said !
I have visited IHOP-Kc few times and listen to their teaching, I am with them !

2010/3/30 18:24
knitefall

Re:

That's nice and all that some think there's good men there and they have a heart for God. In light of the Clear teaching of the Word of God, these men do harm to the Body. I won't back up from that, God has my back.

2010/3/30 18:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy