SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ten Commandments cases get hearing before high court

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ten Commandments cases get hearing before high court

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court said Tuesday it will take up the constitutionality of Ten Commandments displays on government land and buildings, a surprise announcement that puts justices in the middle of a politically sensitive issue.

Justices have repeatedly refused to revisit issues raised by their 1980 decision that banned the posting of copies of the Ten Commandments in public school classrooms.

In the meantime, lower courts have reached a hodgepodge of conflicting rulings that allow displays in some instances but not in others.

The high court will hear an appeal early next year involving displays in Kentucky and Texas.

In the Texas case, the justices will decide if a Ten Commandments monument on the state Capitol grounds is an unconstitutional attempt to establish state-sponsored religion.

2004/10/12 16:45Profile
kathleen1

Re: Ten Commandments cases get hearing before high court

Bro. Greg, I guess I am behind. I got an email from the Laptop Lobbyist about this, and checked his sources out, and I was going to post it, and you are ahead of me. I used to be a news fanatic, but anymore, I severely restrict my intake of news because it is something the enemy tries to use to cause despair and doubt of God's power at such awful things in the news. Jesus warned us all beforehand what would come, and I have been trying to fill up on his word, rooted and established on the rock. I will be praying about these too, as well as this wonderful ministry. God bless.

2004/10/16 13:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy