SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Catholics put weight of church with Bush

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Catholics put weight of church with Bush

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

DENVER, Oct. 9 - For Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, the highest-ranking Roman Catholic prelate in Colorado, there is only one way for a faithful Catholic to vote in this presidential election, for President Bush and against Senator John Kerry.

"The church says abortion is a foundational issue,'' the archbishop explained to a group of Catholic college students gathered in a sports bar here in this swing state on Friday night. He stopped short of telling them whom to vote for, but he reminded them of Mr. Kerry's support for abortion rights. And he pointed out the potential impact his re-election could have on Roe v. Wade.

"Supreme Court cases can be overturned, right?" he asked.

Archbishop Chaput, who has never explicitly endorsed a candidate, is part of a group of bishops intent on throwing the weight of the church into the elections.

Galvanized by battles against same-sex marriage and stem cell research and alarmed at the prospect of a President Kerry - who is Catholic but supports abortion rights - these bishops and like-minded Catholic groups are blanketing churches with guides identifying abortion, gay marriage and the stem cell debate as among a handful of "non-negotiable issues."

To the dismay of liberal Catholics and some other bishops, traditional church concerns about the death penalty or war are often not mentioned.

2004/10/12 16:44Profile
Rahman

Re: Catholics put weight of church with Bush

Thanks for this post Brother Greg ...

Quote;
"Galvanized by battles against same-sex marriage and stem cell research and alarmed at the prospect of a President Kerry - who is Catholic but supports abortion rights - these bishops and like-minded Catholic groups are blanketing churches with guides identifying abortion, gay marriage and the stem cell debate as among a handful of "non-negotiable issues."

Amen ...

I've been speaking to saints in my circle a great deal about the importance of this election, and i've gotten feedback that for the most part has been most disheartening ... If i wasn't like the EverReady bunny, but with the endless power source of the Holy Ghost in my battery rack to urge me on, i'd of quit a lot of things i feel led of the Lord to do a long time ago inregard to His people ... We can be one stiff necked buch ...

i know so many saints who are voting for Kerry, because they figure he's better for the economy, or for job creation, or for the poor, or for the disenfranchised, or he'll stop the war ... all of the me, me, me, self centered reasons ... And when i ask them about the importance of topics like the Catholic Bishop is concerned about, they either give me a brain dead (actually heart dead) blank stare, or they go off onto the wild escapist path of telling me all of the reasons they just can't vote for Bush, and that if Bush were a Godly man he wouldn't do this, and he wouldn't do that, and he certainly wouldn't have started this war in Iraq ... At which point i say to them i can give you 45,000,000 already aborted reasons alone why you shouldn't be voting for Kerry ...

So many saints have no concept at all of why God spared our government from being smashed into by that 4th plane on 9/11 ... He, even tho He lifted His protective hand from America on 9/11 in warning, is still attempting to give us the benefit of His grace ... Will we the (Godly) people even attempt to choose by vote, a more Christ guided minister of government in President Bush, or will we vote to allow even more murdering of the unborn in stem cell research under Kerry? ... Will we as a nation, adopt and condone homosexual marriages as our law of the land? ... Bush says, " No", Kerry says, "Well I don't personally believe in abortion and gay marriage, but you got to allow it for those that do". ... Duh!!! ... Now as a saint, who you gonna choose? ... i'd rather for a Christian to tell me that they're no part of this world and therefore won't vote (and personally i find that irksome), than for a child of God to tell me they're voting for John Kerry ... Personally, i feel that the reign of Kerry will bring this nation to damnation way quicker than it will with George W, Iraq war and all ... If it is the Lord's will that George Bush get 4 more years, i can see a glimmer of hope, especially in his conservative appointments to the Supreme Court towards the overturning of Roe vs. Wade ... If it's the Lord's will that Kerry come to power, then i'll don my white toga, sandals, let my hair grow long, and get to toting my "REPENT - THE END IS HERE" sign ...

Christ said, "What good does it do for a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul"? ... How can a child of God think that if they vote for prosperity and selfishness, via Kerry, they'll actually be allowed by God to recieve it on the continued slaughtering of the innocent, with the extra added impetus for destruction of killing them so that the already born can have a better quality of life? ... Now that's selfishness to a satanic degree!

God please WAKE UP YOUR CHURCH!!! ... i can tell you right now that the heathen is ready for bear ... Just amongst the screaming Liberals i witness to on my job most everyday, they'll tell you point blank that they don't see an unborn child as a life ... Even when i make the point that had they're life been interrupted at any time while in their mothers womb, they wouldn't be here, they still refuse to see it ... Now that's strong delusion, and that type of strong delusion, with a vengence, is hell bent on replacing George Bush with John Kerry ... Why? ... Because as my unsaved co-workers are so quick to tell me, "A man spouting Jesus, and praying about state matters, is a dangerous man" ... Dangerous to whom?

Ezekiel: The Future of Politicians Who Pass Bad Laws and Give Bad Advice
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=91303232959

2004/10/12 18:23Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Catholics put weight of church with Bush

Is this the pot calling the kettle black. The Catholic's who are embattled with pedofile priest in court. where do they have the right to speak for decent people. words or easy to speak it's the walking that most people and myself are looking for. court and lawyers that they hide behind, they don't believe they are responsable for the ones they put out there for what is called a church. does a church hide behind lawyers?? I'll listen to good words but not from one's who are in question for hypocrisy.

2004/10/12 19:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy