SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : America denounces 'Obamacare' threat

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I think we say "the Church" we mean as a whole. There are some that were lukewarm but thanks to the Lord and this wonderful site, the light is shinning and growth is coming forth. So, if you are asking if I am lukewarm. I would say I am getting closer to the Lord, spending time with Him, responding to conviction and with God's help bringing forth fruit. I am not the same as I was a month ago. I say this with all thanks and glory to God as without Him I can do nothing. Blessing to you brother and hope this clarifies it for you. I am not always good with words.

2010/3/26 18:48Profile
FaithSteward

Re: Congrats!

Welcome!

Ay, Draw near to me - for I've saved you a seat at the Wedding Banquet!

2010/3/27 17:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
So, if you are asking if I am lukewarm.

No no, dear Lord, if anyone is lukewarm it's me. But I was merely saying that when we say "The church is in a such such state", do we include ourselves in that or are we standing on the outside looking in?

For example, if we say the Church is lukewarm, are we saying that we all are lukewarm or are we saying some or the majority is lukewarm? Since we are the Church, I would assume that we all would be lukewarm unless we make a specific distinction. We could say the Church in Toronto is a lukewarm Church unlike the church in New York which is on fire for Jesus.

I only brought this up because it's so easy to generally throw words out there and I picture us standing there pointing the finger at the rest of the church while we ourselves don't have that problem.

And I hope you know that I am not accusing you of anything, we are just talking.

2010/3/28 23:08
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Dearest Brother,
I was not offended but I have been thinking a lot of what you said. A good thing to ask the Lord to search my heart. A really good thing. And you are so right that we say things because we are used to hearing them. I have been listening to sermons and I hear so much of every preacher say how the Church is lukewarm. I guess I just said it too and maybe without much thought. Again, your comment has made me think a lot about me, my answer and the Church - this is a good thing. God bless you abundantly Brother!

2010/3/28 23:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
And you are so right that we say things because we are used to hearing them.

This is a huge problem within our midst.

Jesus said to the Pharisees in His day, "You make void the word of God because of your traditions".

How many traditions have we got that causes the word of God to be non productive in our lives?

I am sure there are many. I know in my own life that God has had to tear down so many ideas that I had of Him, of His body and of His ministry. And He is still tearing down these concepts. There is just so much that He has to do, that one does wonder if any good will come out of it all.

Thank you for the blessing, I receive it.

2010/3/28 23:25

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy