SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : America denounces 'Obamacare' threat

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I use to think that every little sniffle required the doctor

It's woven into our culture to look to experts to take care of us, for every facet of life. The healthcare bill itself is the ultimate example of this.

The reason I believe this bill is bad news is not because of the increase it will cause on insurance rates or tax dollars, or because I want people to go uninsured.

I understand that the issue is complicated both economically and emotionally.

My problem with this thing is the idolatrous dependency it might eventually create in the hearts and minds of American children and their children. I don't know if that concern makes me liberal or conservative...it doesn't matter. Train up a child to think that someone else needs to provide for them and they will not depart from it.

MC

2010/3/24 12:00Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
My problem with this thing is the idolatrous dependency it might eventually create in the hearts and minds of American children and their children.

I know in my own heart I have seen this attitude of depending on doctors instead of trusting in the Lord. I don't think anyone here wants to deny the poor of this country good health or anything else. I know that is not in my own heart. I agree with Chris and ginnyrose, I do not like that I am being ordered to buy into health insurance with out regard to what my convictions in the Lord are. It does tend to make me wonder what the government will choose to decide for me next with out regard to what my conviction in the Lord are??? Not fearful mind you just thinking??

My husband commented to me last night that he thought it ironic that some(at his work) who support this bill because of what they see as unkind treatment to the poor are the same ones who shout the loudest in favor of abortion. He said it seems so disingenuous to claim to be the defenders of the poor and helpless and yet be the same group that supports the putting to death of those who are truly helpless? Such is the world

God Bless
mj

2010/3/24 12:40Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: comparative medical research

Bro. Neil,

I’m sharing with you up front that I am not angry, so please do not read any yelling or smart alec-ness to my words!!!

First off, we ALL need to be realistic in this universal health coverage. Do you, Neil, believe that everyone will be fully covered for any type of health problem? If you do, (I believe) you would be wrong.

(I believe) Ginnyrose is correct in stating that they will exterminate people but they will use the health care system to do it. How? you might ask. One option is comparative medical research (CMR). They take the cost of the treatment and divide it by your age and somehow find the years you would benefit from the treatment. The elderly, poor or rich, are the ones who (will be) in trouble because they don’t have the many years they can benefit from any treatment that costs over $5,000.00 (any amount really)

My mom has macular degeneration and she is 78; she was getting shots in her eyes that cost $6,000 a shot to help her (vision). Do you think she would have ever received the first shot if they used CMR? No, she would not have. And (presently) in England using CMR, a person has to have gone completely blind (from macular degeneration) in one eye BEFORE they’ll allow any treatment for the other eye.

Look at all the cost that ensued from your tragic sickness/disease a while back. Do you honestly think (that) universal health care, the plan Congress voted on Sunday, would have gone to all the lengths that they did to keep you alive? With this new insurance, (I believe) it is you who is deluded if you honestly think that they would have. (I say this because in the last few years, doctors and nurses have been allowing and watching aborted babies lay on a table and die. If they can do that with an infant, they will have NO problem whatsoever with an adult.)

edit ** I removed this second half because it really didn't have anything to do with comparative medical research.
AND all additions for clarity are in ().

God bless you Neil!! I have nothing against you and hope you still do not have anything against me!!

2010/3/24 13:28Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Quote:
"...fan the latent hostilities of many of the people to the point of overt expression. He must search out controversy and issues"

LETS NOT FALL into the trap of power-mad megalomaniacs and the devilish pyschopatholgy that plays games with human souls.

Hi everyone. I thought that these comments above might need some explanation. I certainly did not mean to discourage anyone from being involved in whatever they believe they should be doing right now. Precise, well aimed actions are better than the merely energetic and abundant.

[i]To that end I wanted to share some thoughts that I had this morning, hoping that they may serve as a good reminder and also an encouragement. Maybe they were meant for me only. Hope they will be beneficial to others.[/i]

24 March 2010

Let's not rush to put out every fire these Satanic arsonists set - lest we find we are too tired to draw water for the thirsty, or that we don't have anymore water at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Satan would set himself on fire if he could get enough of God's otherwise useful people to come and watch. He's full of distractions.

Now more that ever we need to remember the Lord's admonition: be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. And His declaration, that the children of this world are wiser in their generations than the children of light. And Paul's also, that only those that strive lawfully, get the crown.

The wisdom of this world is that of subtlety, which they have learned with their father. And they excell in their plots and schemes because they run in leaps and bounds because they are not bound by any rule or law,except what is pragmatic, or convienent, self-serving, or in their interests. They run foot-races with automobiles and the least initiated of them are happy to do it just to get a free car.

But our wisdom is from above and we are bound to do, no harm.

2010/3/24 20:21Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Obama has successfully taken over 51% of the American Economy in 1 year.

From Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, GM, Chrysler, and now Health Care...

Welcome to the USSA.

2010/3/24 22:42Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Should we be surprised. The Church is lukewarm to put it mildly. Killing the unborn is out of control. Same sex are kissing on tv in front of our children and I could go on and on,and materialism etc..... And there are most likely only a few who could actually point the finger because they are completely holy. We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. We have all hindered revival in the lands at one point or another.The good news is prayerfully we are all repenting who are serious about the Lord, our salvation, others and revival.

Our part is to heed to the Holy Spirit's conviction in our own hearts and repent. Spend good amounts of time alone in the Word and being still and know God. Interceding. To hide His Word in our hearts now that we wont sin against Him. And we will be ready when His timing is perfect for us to encourage and share the Good News. If we are not filled with Him we have nothing to give out. We need to not be anxious about anything as Christians. Easier said than done but we must seek first the Kingdom, seek the Lord while He may be found, cast all our cares upon Him for He cares for us. Keep our joy, our peace and love as in 1 cor. 13. and bear the fruit of the Spirit in Gal. 5. Having peace is believing God will take care of us in every way and that includes our bodies. Why spend a ton of money to fix up our physical bodies as do and then have a long life with Alzheimer's. Are we so afraid? The Lord says not to worry or be anxious.

Just a thought. This is what the Lord has ministered to me. I am encouraging myself with these words. So, I will

Turn my eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Heavenly Father, bring us to repentance, bring us to hunger and thirst for You and Your righteousness,let peace rule in us that You are and will take care of us in every area, prepare our hearts to be a light in the darkening world. Let joy and love and peace rise above that those without hope will hunger for You also. That we may stay extremely close to You and to be ready. In Jesus Powerful Name. Amen.

2010/3/25 10:59Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

and amen

2010/3/25 11:10Profile
Nellie

Re:

Another Amen from me, Joyful Heart.
God Bless all.
Nellie

2010/3/25 11:27Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Sallie Mae

Quote:
by IWantAnguish
Obama has successfully taken over 51% of the American Economy in 1 year.

From Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, GM, Chrysler, and now Health Care...

Welcome to the USSA.

Now you can add Sallie Mae and Ed Financial (student loans) to the list.

[url=http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1924128,00.html]Obama's Student-Loan Plan: A 'Good' Takeover?[/url].....

(quote from article) [i]...the Administration's proposal to restructure the student-loan industry is, in many respects, much closer to an actual government takeover than its relatively tame market-driven health-reform plan.[/i]

*** just read joyful hearts post = Amen!

2010/3/25 13:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
The Church is lukewarm to put it mildly

Just as a matter of fact. When we say "the Church" we are referring to ourselves, right?

So when we say the Church is lukewarm we are in essence saying that we, the writer, is lukewarm too, right?

Just trying to clarify something.

2010/3/26 0:16

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy