SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Apocryphal Book of Wisdom

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crossreach

Ireland

The Apocryphal Book of Wisdom

I was wondering what your thoughts are on the Apocryphal book of Wisdom. Especially 2;12-20. It is a prophecy regarding Jesus.

I was also interested to read a thread someone had posted re: the Book of Enoch.

2010/3/20 19:04Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: The Apocryphal Book of Wisdom

Friend, may I respectfully suggest that if you have come here with an agenda only to promote the Apochrypha then you are barking up the wrong tree.

If, however, you would care to introduce yourself and discuss biblical revival or some of the wonderful sermon resources here, you will find some edifying discussion. May I suggest Keith Daniel if you haven't already listened to him?

Also, if it's prophecy concerning Jesus you're interested in, look no further than the Gospel of Isaiah (as some like to call it), Isaiah chapter 53. You could spend a lifetime studying it...

[i]Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.[/i]
(Isaiah 53:1-12)

In Christ,

Ron

2010/3/20 19:19Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
Friend, may I respectfully suggest that if you have come here with an agenda only to promote the Apochrypha then you are barking up the wrong tree. If, however, you would care to introduce yourself and discuss biblical revival or some of the wonderful sermon resources here, you will find some edifying discussion

Greetings

I agree with what Ron shared. There are so many wonderful teachings that are edify on this site and point one to Jesus. If you have not heard it already, one of my favorite is Ten shekels and a Shirt. Paul Washer is very good also:)

God Bless
mj

2010/3/20 19:46Profile
crossreach

Ireland

Agenda?

Why do you assume I came with an agenda? I simply wanted people's view on this subject. I am interested in it, and I was wondering what some people's thoughts were.

I have been a member for 2 1/2 years, I have heard Keith Daniel, Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, Paul Washer, Ray Comfort, Paris Reidhead, Denny Kenaston (I attend an Anabaptist church like Denny does), Carter Conlon.

I am a street preacher. You can see a few of my videos on www.Tangle.com/CrossReach.

Man, I feel like I'm being interrogated here.

Contrary to all the false info, the Early Church did accept the Apocryphsl writings as Scripture, they quoted from them a lot.

Why are you afraid of the book of Wisdom? Have you ever read it? It's a wonderful book. Even if you don't accept it as Scripture, it is full of wonderful wise words. It is much better reading than most of the junk that goes for Christian today.

In Peace,

Dave Kinsella

2010/3/25 17:00Profile
crossreach

Ireland

Re: Paul Washer and Paris Reidhead

I have listened to both of their most famous messages a few times each.

But these are just men, why do you promote them? Do you have an agenda? of course not. You see somethign good, you want to share it.

If the book of Wisdom has clearly fulfilled prophecy that is not easy to ignore, even if you don accept it, it is still good reading, as good as, if not better than, Paul Washer or Paris Reidhead

2010/3/25 17:04Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Agenda?

Dave,

I think they forgot to look at the date you joined which was not today but 2007 and you've only posted 5 messages in three years... that is definitely not an agenda!! lol So have mercy on them, this has been a rough last year for people coming on here with agendas.

Not being raised Catholic (or even Christian), I have never read the book of Wisdom, so I cannot say one way or the other.

God bless you, brother, (gird up your loins!!)

2010/3/25 17:47Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Dave

Quote:
Friend, may I respectfully suggest that if you have come here with an agenda only to promote the Apochrypha then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Ron did say "IF" in his post to you. I do not think he was trying to accuse you of anything but rather asking "IF" because as Lysa said there have been so many others who have come over the last year to the forum to push the RCC agenda. I agreed with his statement because I have personally seen how much damage that false religion can have in peoples lives. If I offended you then I apologies, it was not my intention.

Again if you were offended by my suggestions of the teachings of Paul Washer or Ten Shekels and a shirt for you to listen to then I do apologies. No offense was meant.

Yes I have read the above mentioned book of Wisdom having been raised as a roman catholic. For me personally i would rather stick with the Bible. As far as Paul Washer or Paris Reidhead I do not promote them and I know no one who teaches that they are speaking on the same level as the Bible, sadly there are those in the RCC who do say this about the book of Wisdom so I think there is need for caution. This is of course just my opinion and means nothing:)
I wish you well.

God Bless you
mj

2010/3/25 18:22Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Agenda?

Quote:
Why do you assume I came with an agenda? I simply wanted people's view on this subject. I am interested in it, and I was wondering what some people's thoughts were. I have been a member for 2 1/2 years, I have heard Keith Daniel, Leonard Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, Paul Washer, Ray Comfort, Paris Reidhead, Denny Kenaston (I attend an Anabaptist church like Denny does), Carter Conlon.

Dave, while it may be true that you joined in '07, at the time of my first post in this thread you had only posted 3 times, all three in the last week, and two of those posts were directly related to the Apochrypha. In addition, your signature also contains a direct reference to it. This, coupled with no introduction of yourself, and you have a pattern we have seen here before of people promoting an agenda.

This is why I posted what I posted. I'm glad to hear that you are not here to promote your agenda.

In Christ,

Ron

2010/3/25 19:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy