SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A package arrived today

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: A package arrived today

I discovered my fathers body on the day that he died. I witnessed Jesus to him for 25 years or so previously, with constant resistance. He was a Mason, a staunch Democrat, and an avid God hater. I loved my father, and grew closer as we grew older.

As I waited for the Coroner to carry the corpse out, I stood in the front yard silently praying, filled with sorrow and anxiety. It was then that the Lord spoke to me, in an inward, but audible voice;

"LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD; YOU COME, AND FOLLOW ME!"

Instantly peace flooded my soul, and I was released from all sorrow, even unto this day.

Your father may have meant well. He saw you as the errant one. Yet we must go on, and realize that our family is an eternal one. The family we have on Earth may or may not be a part of that. "You come, and follow Me!" If there are wounds, Jesus will surely heal.

Psalm:126
5 Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.

6 He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him.

Every Patriarch took the time to mourn the passing of a family member. This can be very important to your own well being. Be led in a real way by the Lord.

As far as the Catholic symbols; I would just dispose of them quietly somewhere. They are simply Pagan idols.

My condolences; Brothertom.

2010/3/19 11:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy