Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Evangelism at UNCC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Thank you all. One thing I believe the Lord taught me through the other street evangelist who came on campus as I finished up, is that I need to ask a lot more open-ended style questions to people directly. A "Who do you say that I am?" type thing. Tom Short did a bit of actual preaching, but, I noticed he had much more of an "engaging" type of style with people than I typically do.

Most of my day yesterday, I spent simply "proclaiming" the gospel. While I intend to do much of that still, I feel that today, since I spent well over an hour just preaching yesterday, I laid enough of a foundation to move on to engaging people in direct dialog.

So, pray that the Lord give me good open-ended style questions to ask students, so that I might use that as an opportunity to better reach them.

2010/3/23 6:34Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Hey Brother Jimmy something that I use as far as open ended questions go is if you asked if they are saved, How do you know you are saved, and if they pose the question because I have Jesus in my Heart ask How do you know that Jesus is in your heart? Then I generally present to them some of the tests that Paul Washer presents in the book of 1 John. This is basically the first steps God took to open my spiritual eyes to see my lostness. I hope that this helps will be praying for you brother.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/23 6:45Profile
Nellie

Re:

King Jimmy,
May the Holy Spirit draw many souls into the Kingdom of God, through the Preaching of the Precious Word.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2010/3/23 7:26Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Thank you all for your prayers. The Lord is really doing great things. So far, to my knowledge, nobody has given their lives to the Lord. But the students are listening, and being pretty receptive to us. Some are stopping to listen. After I preached this afternoon, I engaged in conversations with a number of students, one for about two hours. Many of the Christians on campus feel encouraged and lifted up because of the ministry that is happening. They tell us we are definitely different from many of the other campus preachers that have hit up the college (namely Gary Birdsong and Micah Armstrong). Mostly... we preach Christ and don't just harp against sin. They told us people are definitely listening to us, even if some of them just walk by.

Additionally, one of the elders from my church preached open-air for the first time today. He did it twice. He did an amazing job, especially for his first time. He had to leave early today to tend to some personal business. And as he did, some girl came running across the campus flagging him down. He was able to counsel her for about an hour, as I continued to preach. I don't know what they talked about yet (as he had to leave immediately after he was done talking to her), but, I know I saw him praying with her at one point.

Thank you for your continued prayers. With the prayer of people from my church, and here on SI, I definitely feel the Lord upholding me in this open-air outreach in a way I have not previously experienced, as I've never quite had this sort of support in prayer. Indeed, my entire manner of open-air preaching has changed since the last time I did it about 1 1/2 years ago.

Also, I tried to experiment a little with asking some "open ended" questions early on in the day with people. I engaged a few people, but they didn't really seem in the mood to stop and talk. So, I just went back to public proclamation... to which people later approached me and asked me questions about things I said. So far I've not had much in the way of hecklers. I've had some people tell me off in private, but, while preaching open-air, I've not had anybody try to silence me or take me off my message.

To God be the glory :-) Just one more day of outreach. I will probably be alone tomorrow. So, continue to pray the Lord be with me. For my last day, I'll probably be a little more confrontational with people than I have been. But, I'm trusting the Lord to simply fill my mouth.

2010/3/23 18:25Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Thank you all for your prayers and support. Today I had an outstanding day of ministry. I managed to give away all of my DVD's and business cards. I had the opportunity to witness one-on-one to a Mormon missionary. He seemed crushed when I told him I believe in apostolic and prophetic ministries being for today, and told him, I believe they've never ceased to exist, as Eph 4:11-13 makes evident. He was bewildered when I told him that I believe God has given me a small prophetic ministry, and that even though I believe I have such a calling, I seldom look to make it known, or to attract men to me, but rather Christ, unlike the prophets do in his organization.

I also had tremendous liberty in preaching. At one point, a decent sized crowd of 20-30 students came and sat quietly, listening to me preach for about 30 minutes. When I asked them if they had any questions, they just continued to listen. I really felt God's presence during that time. I asked if anybody wanted to give their life to the Lord, and while nobody responded, I'm convinced somebody there will do such soon.

Once while I was preaching though, a group of Muslim students started to heckle me. They started to shout that Jesus never died, and mocked the idea of God dying on a cross. Even the Muslim women, who are normally very quiet people, were shouting at me. It only lasted for a minute, but, in it I really got a taste of how demonic Islam really is.

Many Christians stopped to talk and encourage me in my preaching. They said Franklin and I were unlike any of the campus preachers who normally come to campus, that spend hours on end damning everybody to hell, and doing nothing but railing against sin. Some of them asked me and Franklin to even come back, and said they look forward to seeing us again. Even though we did preach against sin, and specific sins, we always did such with a spirit of charity and grace. I believe we ultimately showed them the grace and forgivness that is available in Christ for their sins, and the spirit with which we ministered confirmed that, through the love we showed them in Christ.

To God be the glory. For anybody who is interested, I will make 2 or 3 additional street audio sermons available later this evening through my website. 3 from the past two days are available right now.

2010/3/24 16:40Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thanks for the update, brother! My wife and I are continuing in prayer.

2010/3/24 19:44Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well... my outreach is done for the time being. So, if you continue to pray, just pray that the word that was sown takes root and bears fruit.

2010/3/24 19:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Uploaded more sermons at my website from the outreach this week. The message students responded most too, and drew the largest crowd, was sermon #5. Check it out.

2010/3/24 21:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy