SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prophetic Warning about America from Dutch Sheets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TrueWitness

Re:

For those interested in more information about the outdoor revival meeting in Poplar Bluff, MO on June 14-15, 2010 there is a website here: [url=http://wildernessoutcry.com/index.php]Wilderness Outcry[/url]

I don't see any real red flags about this event. I think that those who go will receive according to their expectations and attitude going in.

2010/3/21 1:25Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Before making some comments in general I wanted to say that I have never know AD to be rash or unfair to others in whatever he has said on the forums and I believe he has a genuine desire for us as beleivers to have 'apostolic' fellowship, that is, in the way of the first Christians.

Since he mentioned it, I looked a bit for this organisation. I found what looks as though it purports to be an e-mail from Mr Sheets. Can anyone verify that Mr. Sheets sent this out to others(this is only the introduction which I have placed in italics):

[i]Get ready for September! It is so huge on God’s timetable that it will mark one of the greatest shifts in the spiritual realm that our generation has ever seen:

• A season of suddenlies will begin.
• The confusion and deception ruling America (including within the Church) will begin to lift.
• The November elections will shift toward God’s will.
• The coming “great awakening” to America will go to a new level.
• The “presence movement” will begin.[/i]

I found this because I saw one of the phrases about confusion and deception in America being attributed to him at another site so I went looking for a source article.

Folks, this and the kind of language that follows in letter bears no resemblence to the words of God or of His Apostles.

Whoever is sent by God speaks the words of God(John 3:34) and the words of God are not [b]BUZZWORDS[/b].

The Lord asked Jeremiah His prophet,

[i]Is[/i] not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer [i]that[/i] breaketh the rock in pieces?

Therefore, behold, I [i]am[/i] against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.

Behold, I [i]am[/i] against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.

Behold, I [i]am[/i] against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.

Can anyone verify that Mr. Sheets sent out that e-mail above?

2010/3/21 7:57Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Whoever is sent by God speaks the words of God(John 3:34) and the words of God are not BUZZWORDS.

Outstanding. A hearty amen to that!

2010/3/21 9:17Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Dutch Sheets

Chris,

I went to his website and it was on the first page. And amen to your post!

Quote:
From Dutch Sheets:
Get ready for September! It is so huge on God’s timetable that it will mark one of the greatest shifts in the spiritual realm that our generation has ever seen:

• A season of suddenlies will begin.
• The confusion and deception ruling America (including within the Church) will begin to lift.
• The November elections will shift toward God’s will.
• The coming “great awakening” to America will go to a new level.
• The “presence movement” will begin.

I'll go ahead and play the opposite faction here but just [b]WHAT IF[/b] the November elections do in fact shift towards God's will (Yea!!!)..... except that God's will looks NOTHING like our will??? Are we prepared for that? Just asking...

God bless,

2010/3/21 9:55Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Thanks, Chris.

2010/3/21 10:35Profile

Re: Prophetic Warning about America from Dutch Sheets

Quotes from a false prophet.......

""He is synergistically joining the government of heaven to the government of earth I will tell ya God is going to move in politics you are going to see kings and leaders I am tell you right now you are going to see them bow the knee you are going to see them prostrate themselves before almighty God you are going to see them lead their nations righteously you are going to see nations come to God in a day you are going to see Holiness and a move of the spirit of God restored to the government of this land I decree it I believe it ...it is so." (Dutch Sheets, National School Of The Prophets-Mobilizing The Prophetic Office, May 12, 2:30, 2002)

"Some of my closest friends endorsed and participated in the Lakeland meetings. ... Should they have been more discerning and have listened to the warnings they received? Obviously. Should those who 'aligned' Todd with spiritual fathers (which was a good thing and positioned him to receive help if he chooses to accept it) have realized to do so publicly was a mistake and could be interpreted by those watching in no other way than as a complete endorsement? Yes, they should have, especially when the event became a commissioning ceremony, complete with decrees and prophecies of going to higher levels, predictions of Todd's increasing world-wide influence and leading a world-wide revival, emphatic and prolific endorsements of his character, etc. How could those watching believe the evening was anything but an aligning, endorsing and commissioning ceremony? It was. It really doesn't matter who laid their hands on Todd — all share responsibility. This was unwise at best, naïve at least and at its worst, foolish."

The called it the Trumpet Call. They . .[The NAR; Dutch Sheets, C. Peter Wagner, etc,] prophesied that anyone resisting their National take-over, may well be struck dead. They began then to parcel up all of America into districts, that the prophet of their choice would have authority over…[ for instance, Jim Goll was given the Nashville, Tennessee region.] The “Apostolic” summit was soon to follow; with the obvious….the NAR was born…the new Popes.

Dutch Sheets and his friends believe themselves to be Apostles and they also believe the time will come when they will rule on this earth. Dominionism is not something new, its been a round for quite somje time now. Please do your own research into this and the people that Dutch surrounds himself with, the very people that gathered publicly on a stage to endorse Todd Bentley. These people, I believe, will be the very people that will be the greates enemies to the genuine saints on the earth.......brother Frank

2010/3/21 10:54

Re: Prophetic Warning about America from Dutch Sheets

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, to give some context to the leading post.

It is remarkable that the promotion of missing a meal a day is reckoned to be a 'fast', and that three days of music with a tiny bit of hearing from preachers, is not recognised as 'entertainment', when compared with the many biblical examples of men seeking God [i]until[/i] He speaks.

Also, I appreciate the clarificaton of 'Dominionism'. Katy-did used to mention it, but I really didn't 'get' what it looks like, until now.

2010/3/21 12:28
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: apostolic authority?

Thanks Lysa, Jimmy and Frank and thank you for the verification on the article Lysa, by the way I had the same thought as you did about the election.

I'll share something interesting with you all.

About 2 years ago I was praying and a short phrase came to mind very distinctly. The phrase, which was odd, was 'Baha 9' or 'the baha 9' I cant remember exactly if [i]the[/i] was part of the phrase or not. Anyway, I immediately went on the internet to see if I could find out anything about it or what it might mean as I had no idea and as far as I know had never heard anything about it before.

Now at the same time I had been very much burdened about the moral decay in our country. I also had become aware of a prominent teacher that is a dominionist. The man's name kept coming to mind and so finally I read an article by him. I was put off by what I read and never gave him anymore thought. But now to what I had found when I looked up this 'baha 9'.

I can't find the page that I had found back then but I looked it up again today and what I found is similar.

It is connected with Bahaism, which is summarised in part on a Canadian website this way:

"Humanity's evolution has been marked by such progressive stages of social organization as family, tribe, city-state and nation. Bahá'u'lláh's express purpose was to usher in the next and ultimate stage, namely, world unity--the harbinger of the Great Peace foretold in the world's religions."

According to the Bahai encyclopedia project, in Bahaism, there is a Universal House of Justice which "...consists of nine men elected for a term of five years at the international Bahá’í convention, which takes place in the vicinity of the Bahá’í World Center in Haifa, Israel..."

And also that there are local spiritual assemblies, "in every city a House of Justice be established wherein shall gather counselors to the number of Bahá [nine]."

The coincidence between this and the idea of 'territorial apostles' and bringing in the kingdom of God upon the earth seemed striking.

2010/3/21 13:10Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Just to interject a thought:

I am not overly alarmed with the "networking" that these so-called "apostolic" groups are forming. If you look at what they are doing, it is essentially nothing more than establishing an episcopal form of church government, which is something that has existed for most of the history of the church. And as much as I deplore that form of church government, essentially that is all they are doing.

What alarms me about this movement is the associating of the ministry of apostles and prophets with this form of church governance. As Art Katz said, we should salivate over the word "apostolic," and have a holy jealousy for the sanctity of this word. For this word isn't so much th description of an office as it is a quality of Christian life and ministry. What should ultimately cause us to be alarmed over this movement is for this word to fall into the perverted use by men who say they are apostolic, when in fact they are not. For Jesus Christ is our chief apostle, and we should be extremely jealous to guard whatever is associated with Him.

While we should be alarmed over many in these movements, I take comfort in the thought that folks like C. Peter Wagner will soon be dead. Though the movement will not die with him, it will eventually fragment when in-fighting takes over as individuals try to replace him, with various people trying to claim prophetic and apostolic credentials and the right to succeed him.

2010/3/21 15:28Profile
Giggles

Re:

Quote:
While we should be alarmed over many in these movements, I take comfort in the thought that folks like C. Peter Wagner will soon be dead.

Wow...

2010/3/21 15:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy