Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Encouragment Goes a Long Way

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Encouragment Goes a Long Way

Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

I just had a really awesome day and thought I would share why, I was cleaning my house and watching my kiddos and the Lord laid on my heart to give people a call today and ask if they had anything they needed prayer for and just gave encouragement for the day. I called one brother(in Christ) and got his answering machine and left a message asking if he had any prayer requests or anything He needed help with, He called me back later and told me that I made his day after hearing that voice message. I didn't really think that just a single call could make such great impact. Then I called my grandparents and Aunt and had a great conversation with them I encouraged them and they encouraged me. I am not saying all of this to brag but to encourage you all if you have a brother or Sister in Christ or not, to give them a call and see how things are going and if they have any prayer requests.

I think that sometimes we forget that the Fellowship is beyond our church or congregation. Don't forsake the Fellowship is a command not just for Sunday but for the Whole Week :). So If you have any prayer request or similar stories please share them on this Thread :)

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/16 23:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Encouragment Goes a Long Way

Matthew, this post reminds me of a sermon one of our pastors preached. In it, he encouraged us to find ways to 'bless another person'. This challenged me, so when I think about it, I will ask the LORD to show me today how I can 'bless someone'. All I will say is that it is a very interesting, edifying and encouraging thing to do. One cannot bless another without being blessed as well. This is not the motive - do so you can get - but the end result. And even if you will not be blessed you will have been obedient to the Holy Spirit and that alone has its own rewards.

Thanks for sharing, Matthew.
ginnyrose

2010/3/19 9:01Profile
Nellie

Matthew,
Thanks for the wonderful post.
It is true.
When we give to others, God will meet our need.
We all need encouragement.
Ginnyrose, excellent reply to Matthew's post.
God Bless
Nellie

2010/3/19 10:34Profile
notmyown

Lovely post - thanks for sharing this.

2010/3/19 10:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy