Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The guilt of Liberal Theology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I fear for the young girls/women who are so caught up in this because they do not see the wickedness behind it, they think it all harmless. It is not harmless at all!

AMEN!

ginnyrose

2010/3/21 16:05Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Ginny and Mary, thank you both for your thoughts. I've wanted to return here this weekend but have not found time.

Ginny, about this,

"I have often thought a lot about this, the dichotomy of this entire situation. It troubles me still.

How often is evil presented in the form of an "angel of light"?"

I read this tonight before I went out. While I was out I happened to pass by a certain group that is known for preaching racial hatred using the Bible. They believe they are Israelites and that other darkskinned people are the lost tribes of Israel. Tonight when I passed by they were preaching on Romans 3:4 but only emphasising the phrase 'let God be true, but every man a liar'.

Whenever I see them I get terribly grieved and it hurts to see the Bible being used the way they do and often it is all I can do to resist going up to them and getting into an argument.

Tonight as I waited for the train to come I could still hear them preaching down below. I was praying and asking God to stop them and it seemed as though He reminded me of something. One, [i]they were[/i] preaching His word. Although it is terrible that they would ultimately use it to misrepresent Him so badly, yet they were preaching from the scriptures and some people there who were passing by might hear it who would otherwise not.

And then as I sat on the train I remembered something else.

I thought of how it is written in the Psalms,

"With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward."

According to the Hebrew dictionary, this first word that is translated [i]froward[/i] means 'distorted'.

It is absolutely the way of the devil to do this. To distort the truth. He cannot originate a single thing except what he creates by virtue of corrupting something that was at first good. And it is always and ever his practice to see what God is doing and to find a way to subvert it and corrupt it.

I remembered too that the second word that is translated [i]froward[/i] could literally mean [i]to be[/i] morally tortuous.

What an irony to be preaching upon that passage from Romans, even truthfully, but to be otherwise corrupting and distorting the message of the Bible for others. It made me think of the terrible judgement of God and to have compassion for them and desire to be able to say some good thing to them. It made me consider myself also as often as I have spoken of the scriptures, knowing that surely there are times when I'm worng.

One thing is true, the truth of God has hemmed the devil in so much that even he is obliged to put it in his mouth and speak it from time to time, even if it is to ultimately corrupt it. The Devil has been forced now sometimes to become a preacher of rightesounes in order to do his iniquity.

2010/3/21 23:03Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: merciless criticisim of everything

Quote:
What else is this book saying?

Ginny, I've been thinking about this off and on since you asked last week. There have been several things that have come to mind in continuing to read this book for the second time. Tonight I came across a passage that I think is both very relevant to this topic and for today in general.

One of the things that I think that Satan has sought to accomplish in the world is to undermine [i]everything[/i], so that people will have trouble beleiving in [i]anything[/i]. But especially in the Bible.

One way I think he has tried to do that is through criticism. And to call everything that is accepted, into question. Again, especially the Bible.

With that in mind, I think these qoutes from the book are very significant, if to say something about Marx, even more so about the ways of Satan:

'Satan is called in [i]Faust[/i] the spirit that denies everything. This is precisely Marx's attitude. He writes about "pitiless criticism of all that exists"; "war against the situation in Germany"; "merciless criticism of all." He adds, "It is the first duty of the press to undermine the foundations of the existing political system." Marx said about himself that he is "the most outstanding hater of the so-called positive."'

'Just as Satan came to Jesus with Bible verses, so Marx used texts of Scripture, though with much distortion. Volume 2 of [i]The Works of Marx and Engels[/i] opens with Jesus' words to His disciples (John 6:63), as qouted by Marx in his book [i]The Holy Family:[/i] "It is the spirit which gives life." Then we read:

[i]Criticism[his criticism of all that exists]so loved the masses that it sent its only-begotten son[i.e., Marx]. that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have a life of criticism. Criticism became masses and lived among us, and we saw its glory as the glory of the only-begotten Son of the Father. Criticism did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made itself of no reputation, taking the form of a bookbinder, and humbled itself up to nonsense-yes, critical nonsense in foreign languages.[/i]

Those knowledgable in Scripture will recognise this as a parody of Biblical verses (John 3:16; 1:14; Philippians 2:6-8). Here again, Marx declares his own works to be "nonsense," as well as "swinish books."'

- Marx and Satan, pgs. 17, 80-81

2010/3/26 22:14Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
One of the things that I think that Satan has sought to accomplish in the world is to undermine everything, so that people will have trouble believing in anything. But especially in the Bible.

Sounds like state education. How sad. How intentional.

MC

2010/3/26 23:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy