SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
norton330

question

does/can satan attack us using our thoughts?

2010/3/15 21:32Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: question

I believe he can tell us lies through our thoughts but we have the choice behind believing that Lie. Something that I think about is Whose opinion of myself matters, My opinions of myself, Satans, the World's Opinions are all distorted and the only reliable Opinion is God's, we find His opinion in the Word and through the Witness of the Holy Spirit. His opinion is much higher than any others.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/3/15 23:19Profile
HeartSong

Quote:
does/can satan attack us using our thoughts?

He can, and he does. He interjects thoughts into our minds and then waits to see if we will take the bait. He can not read our minds, but he watches us continually and knows by our actions, and reactions, what will, and will not, work. If he finds a weakness, he will attack again and again in that one area. That is why it is best if we never give him an opening - or rather, give him place. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

It is essential that we stay in the Word so that we can discern that which is true, from that which is false. It was by the use of scripture that Jesus Christ defeated Satan in the wilderness.

2010/3/16 0:47Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Very good answer Heartsong. We need to gird up the loins of our mind and be strengthened with all might in the inner man.

We need to eat daily of the Bread of life so we can weigh and discern all the thoughts that the enemy plants. He does watch us continually and knows those weak areas. It really is a war.

2010/3/16 5:28Profile

norton330, you might find some further answers on Greg Violi's website, aplaceforhisglory.com. He is very clued up on the battle between the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness.

I would add, the context of 'Resist the devil and he will flee from you' is

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, [b]The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?[/b] 6 [b]But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.[/b]

7 [b]Submit yourselves therefore to God[/b]. [u]Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.[/u] 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [i]your[/i] hands, [i]ye[/i] sinners; and purify [i]your[/i] hearts, [i]ye[/i] double minded. 9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [i]your[/i] joy to heaviness. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. James 4

2010/3/17 11:47
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Absolutely. I believe from 2 Cor. 10:3-5 that the bulk of our spiritual warfare occurs in our mind. The enemy would love to place in our minds vain imaginations and thoughts that would exalt themselves against the knowledge of God.

2010/3/17 18:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
does/can satan attack us using our thoughts

Yes.

ginnyrose

2010/3/17 19:25Profile

Quote:
Does and or/can Satan attack us using our thoughts?

You betcha!!

2010/3/17 19:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy