SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Share your favorite Scripture!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
anonymity

Share your favorite Scripture!

I thought I would spring board a thread here for edification purposes. Will you share your favorite verse or 2 or more or even just one that has moved you of late if you so feel and explain why it is so dear to you!? I guess it can be similar sort of to the great quotes thread instead with the prophetic word itself.

[b]For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.[/b] Philippians 1:21

You know as a young christian I had always been zealous for God. However, many around me more moderate. I thought maybe they are more mature and I am just being extreme, crazy, legalistic, ect. Yet, reading this from Paul I found that forsaking certain entertainments or something that in themselves are not bad is not wrong. Since my whole life is about Christ and His mission. Not about even my life here of even the good things. Christianity is not just to stop doing bad things but to also put away good things for great things! And to die well what a glorious joy it is better then to live!!! I wish I could die yet for the sake of the world and the saints I must remain and if it were not for an eternal purpose then I would be wasting my time here in earthly temporal base things.

2010/3/11 16:48Profile
Galations220

Re: Share your favorite Scripture!

Awesome! Philippians 1:21 is one of my favorite verses too!

I have many favorite scriptures, but I'll go with Galations 2:20 because I feel like that's my life scriptures.

Galations 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ that liveth in me: and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

I love this scripture because it does away with "self." I have found that in me, that is in my flesh, dwells no good thing. For I desire to do right, but I end up doing wrong. Therefore I am crucified with Christ that my flesh would hinder me no more. It is no longer my selfish destructive self that lives, but it is now Christ who lives in me. I have found that the point where I feel most alive is when I am crucified with Christ; when the old man is put to death. The life that I now live in this body I live by faith in the Son of God who LOVED me and gave Himself for me. I am now living in love. I'm in love with my Savior and He's in love with me! He gave Himself for me, and I will give myself to Him! I no longer live for myself, I now live for the one who loved me and gave Himself for me! The life that I now live, i live by faith in Him. A divine relationship built on agape love, trust, and faith. And in faith I rest and cease from sin.

2010/3/11 18:16Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

"One thing I have asked of the LORD,
that I will seek after;
to live in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the LORD,
and to inquire in His temple."

PSALMS 27:4

2010/3/11 18:49Profile
shadyg

Re:

i don't have just one there are too many. But I recently read Psalm 32:9 check it out.

2010/3/11 19:45Profile
EzerinWV

One of my favorites --

II Thess 1:10 - ..when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be MARVELED AT among all who have believed.

I can't wait to marvel at Christ!!!

2010/3/12 13:21Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

[b]Galatians 6:14 (NKJV)[/b]

But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

and

[b]2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV)[/b]

...My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2010/3/12 14:05Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

[url=http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Jhn&c=14&v=21&t=NKJV#21]John 14:21[/url]

He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

I especially love the "I will love him and manifest Myself to him" part. The manifestation He is speaking of is not a physical manifestation, but a spiritual one which is far better.

2010/3/12 15:18Profile
Charles_R

Wisconsin

Psalm 84:10 "For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in tents of wickedness."

Psalm 73:25, 26 "Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever."

2010/3/12 19:55Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

This thread is really tough for me. It seems wherever God is leading me in the word is my favorite, so to pick out one is hard.

I think the tenth chapter of Hebrews has to be one of my all time favorite passages. It brings the entirety of the NT teaching of salvation by grace through faith to such a powerful conclusion.

Of course, tomorrow this favorite might change.

Travis

2010/3/12 20:19Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

1 John 3:3 "Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

I went through a struggle that I couldn't seem to lick then God gave me this verse and it brought great encouragement for the Situation this is why its my favorite. at least for now in my present season of life.

2010/3/12 20:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy