SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Benny Hinn: "Joel Osteen is a Coward and the Seeker-Friendly Model is demon-possessed!"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Benny Hinn: "Joel Osteen is a Coward and the Seeker-Friendly Model is demon-possessed!"

This is rather unexpected of Benny Hinn:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-ej7n7Nhns]Benny Hinn calls out Joel Osteen[/url]
Hinn openly attacks Osteen's unwillingness to give honest answers during [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPeYUXuuRUM]an interview with Larry King on CNN.[/url]

To be honest, I don't know what to make of this. When one preacher who is known for his abhorrent teachings rebukes another false teacher, what are we to do?

2010/3/10 18:21Profile
Billingham

Re: Benny Hinn: "Joel Osteen is a Coward and the Seeker-Friendly Model is demon-

Don't listen to either?

2010/3/10 18:35Profile
jmooney6

Re:

Stopped listening after "I would've punched him out and repented later." It's great that Benny Hinn recognizes that nobody else but Jesus hung on that cross, but isn't one of the major purposes of the Bible to bring people to repentence, to bring them to God Himself? I hope I'm not wrong in saying that it appears to me that Benny Hinn needs to repent of pride.

Like Brother Billingham says, don't listen to either. There are much better preachers whose sermons are available for listening here, and of course the most important of all, the True Word of God. May God bless you.

2010/3/10 21:13Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Benny Hinn: "Joel Osteen is a Coward and the Seeker-Friendly Model is demon-

Intrcssr83,

"I don't know what to make of this."

I was wondering how come?

Do you mean because we wouldn't expect Mr Hinn to have discernment or courage to stand for something like that?

I can't convey the tone of these questions to you but I don't mean them in an antagonistic way. I think they are reasonable questions someone might have.

The reason I'm responding here is because I think that the question you asked can potentially speak to alot of us in living in an increasingly religously pluralistic and confusing world.

As believers and people that believe in the Bible, we all have convictions about the truth. And to some extent it is nescessary for us to measure the trustworthiness of others, especially to speak into our lives, by their adherence to similar convictions. And this is epecially true for things that we hold to be essential, like the Diety of Christ and salvation through Him alone.

But this can also be taken too far or applied too broadly.

Because right speech doesn't nescessarily mean a right person. And if we place too much significance on saying the right things, it could cause us to be shaken when we hear people say both. Things that are right. And things that we know are wrong. Because we can wonder, how? How can that be?

We need to remember a couple of things.

One, God has given much wisdom to all sorts of people.

James says if any man lacks wisom He should ask of God, Who gives to all men liberally, and doesn't chide them for the asking. And I am not unwilling to think that the 'all men' there are all sorts of men, anyman, and not just believers.

The Lord gave Naaman enough sense to go and seek the prophet in Israel and He favoured the Queen of Sheba with an audience with Solomon, and the Lord Jesus commended her over the people of His generation.

The Lord delights in goodness and mercy and He helps people in all sorts of situations and gives them direction even when they do not percieve it(Psalm 107).

Second, we should not forget the effect that the Bible and the Gospel has had upon the world.

Light dispels darkness and the world has been given tremendous light through the propogation of the Bible and the Gospel throughout the world. Whether we can percieve exactly how or not, I think that we can be confident that many things that are true and wise from the Bible have found their way into the world and into people's hearts and minds, even if otherwise they would not acknowledge it themselves or we do not know exactly how.

Third, we should remember that all of us can be like this to some extent. I mean, all of us can hold right and wrong things in belief at the same time.

So, when we hear someone from another faith say something that is true, we should rejoice in that. We should thank God for that and be glad for them that what they said was right and we should desire that for them more and more.

And we should desire for them not only that they said what was right because they believed it, but for the right motive also.

But these things should not trouble us or shake us.

God has ordained that the Church should be the pillar and ground of the truth in the Earth. But not that it should be the sole and only possesors of every gem and nugget and diamond that can be found in Mount Zion's mines.

2010/3/10 21:38Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: saying the right things aka religous expediency

Quote:
we should desire for them not only that they said what was right because they believed it, but for the right motive also.

Would like to add one more thing as it relates to this topic specifically:

I would not be surpirsed if the spiritual charlatans and those that prostitute the Word of God are shrewd enough to recognize when putting on a certain religous face will gain them enough religous capital to continue to buy and trade with mens souls, even when the market for their normal wares has gone sour. Afterall, they learn from their spiritual mentor(2Co 11:14).

2010/3/10 22:28Profile

Re:

One of the reasons false teachers like Benny Hinn are capable of deceiving so many is because they mix truth with lies. Not everything that comes out of Hinn's mouth is heresy. Once in awhile he does manage to speak something that is true.

If everything were a complete lie no one would fall for it.

This is one time that Benny Hinn was correct in what he said.

And what about Joel Osteen? How much of a false teacher are you when BENNY HINN calls you out!!?? Thats bad!

Krispy

2010/3/11 12:14
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Quote:
by ChrisJD on 2010/3/11 9:38:17

Intrcssr83,

"I don't know what to make of this."

I was wondering how come?

Do you mean because we wouldn't expect Mr Hinn to have discernment or courage to stand for something like that?

I can't convey the tone of these questions to you but I don't mean them in an antagonistic way. I think they are reasonable questions someone might have.

The reason I'm responding here is because I think that the question you asked can potentially speak to alot of us in living in an increasingly religously pluralistic and confusing world.

Sorry if I was unclear.
I honestly found it to be a bit of a shock that Hinn would give such a tongue-lashing towards Osteen; if anything, you would think that since they both come from the WoF camp, there would be a degree of mutual camaraderie between the two.

But, as we see, this is one of the fruits of the most heinous of false teachers that Satan empowers: not only do they fail to get along with the faithful, they fail to get along with each other.

2010/3/11 21:16Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Um wow that was interesting, I think it would be kind of cool to have an organ sound every where I went when I spoke people would definitely listen then. but um yeah Interesting I will be praying for both men that they may come to repentance.

2010/3/11 21:56Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

It seems to me Benny Hinn only says things to get money. I'm just guessing, but I'm willing to bet he said this simply to rally his supporters into giving him more money. Some of his supporters have likely been Osteen fans, and he probably doesn't want saints feeling generous to Osteens ministry.

2010/3/11 22:44Profile

That was EXCELLENT!

You know, Hinn started out good, but like most preachers they get caught up in crazy things, perhaps God has gotten a hold of him and straightened him out, who knows. I know I've been messed up doctrinally speaking but God has a way of bringing us back into the truth. Recently I was listening to some people fellowshipping with them, but for a long time I had an itch in my spirit that something wasn't quite right. They talked the talk, they sounded good, they knew how to minister, but they denied that Jesus came in the flesh. They spoke about Christ, they believed in Christ but they didn't believe the man was robed in flesh. The same goes for the WoF, it all sounds good, it's really convincing. And it's like a fly trap, it's has a lure a pull to it that pulls in the greatest of men. Hinn is no different.

I am encouraged by this message. Finally a televangelist has stood up and told it like it is, even against Mohammad and Buddha.

2010/3/11 22:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy