SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CLENDENNEN: SOLDIER OF THE CROSS

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

CLENDENNEN: SOLDIER OF THE CROSS

Alec Stevens here. My new graphic novel CLENDENNEN: SOLDIER OF THE CROSS (for those who don't know, a graphic novel is a serious story told in sequential art {comics} form) is now in print, and preview pages can be seen [url=http://www.calvarycomics.com/comics/CLENDENNEN/index.html]here.[/url]

Other books published under my Calvary Comics imprint can also be found [url=http://www.calvarycomics.com]here.[/url]

Enjoy!

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

Alec <><

2010/3/8 19:42
Nellie

Re: CLENDENNEN: SOLDIER OF THE CROSS

Thank-you for posting this.
Brother Clendennen was truly a Soldier of the Cross.
I have a lot of his dvd's and cd's.
He always pointed people to the Cross of Jesus Christ, and not himself.
There are some Sermons on SI of his.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2010/3/8 21:29Profile
Galations220

Re: CLENDENNEN: SOLDIER OF THE CROSS

Wow those are interesting.

2010/3/9 17:08Profile

Re:

A friend of mine introduced me to Bro. Clendennen's ministry about twelve years ago, and since then I've heard over a hundred sermons of his via audiocassette, CD, DVD, and in person. It was after the "Prayer in the Square" that was held in NYC by Times Square Church in September, 2008 that I met with B. H. Clendennen and obtained his permission to illustrate and adapt his testimony into graphic novel (comics) form.

Since I work full-time as an art instructor (college students as well as homeschoolers), it took me about nine months to complete the book in my after hours, but it was worth it, and not without attacks from the devil. When I first got word that Bro. Clendennen had taken ill, I sent low-res scans of the covers, and his daughter wrote back that they were greatly honored and pleased. I wish he could have seen the whole book before the Lord took him home, but in reality he LIVED it, so he hasn't missed a thing!

What God wrought in and through this man's life has touched people around the world, including myself, and I know that Clendennen's dying wish was that the body of Christ would recommit itself to Him as never before as we approach that great and awesome Day.

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

Alec <><

2010/3/9 17:58
Galations220

Re:

I ordered it!

2010/3/9 23:12Profile

Re:

Two Saturdays ago I found this telephone message on my answering machine: "Alec, This is Jack Chick calling. I just read the Clendennen story this morning. Beautifully done, brother! Very exciting, very dramatic, and it really held my interest. You're going to really touch a lot of hearts with this one. God bless you for your faithfulness, brother! You're doing a great work. ...Love you, bye-bye."

For those who may not know, Jack Chick is the most published author in the world, having sold over 500 million of his Chick tracts and Christian comic books since the early 1960s. He is 86 years old and, like Bro. Clendennen, fought in the Pacific during WWII and was subsequently saved.

2010/4/5 17:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy