Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mike Murdock

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
CyndiH

Maryland

Mike Murdock

I'm just wondering what thoughts are about this person. My husband and I differ in our opinions. I'm curious to know yours. Thanks! :)

2010/3/3 14:31Profile

Re: Mike Murdock

$Preacher

2010/3/3 14:53

blab it and grab it. God is a genie to these guys.

2010/3/3 15:28

Mesrmerizing sheep skinner. Avoid.

He knows as much principles and secrets about the kingdom of God as Ali Baba...except Ali Baba isn't the liar that Murdock is. A real kook......

[ edit: Did I mention that he makes me nauseated? ]

2010/3/3 16:40
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

turn on tbn this week and you probably got your answer

2010/3/3 21:59Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I believe that real, Godly wisdom is to become a fool that, God willing, I may become wise.

2010/3/4 5:04Profile
Billingham

Mr Murdock is employed by the various TV stations to assist with their cash flow.His tactics are typical of the prosperity heretics with the result of fleecing the sheep.

2010/3/4 7:07Profile
elanham

Maryland

Re:

I remember years ago when Mike Murdock came to our Church. He said those who would give a $1000 offering to the Church would get an uncommon wisdom or miracle from God. Ofcourse $1000 is definately an uncommon offering for most. I can remember in those early days wishing with all my heart that I had $1000 dollars but since I didnt there was no way for me to get Gods uncommon wisdom or miracle. I was much younger back then. Yet if I along with many other had read the scriptures I would have known that when men try to make merchandise of you, your responce should be to flee from them.

2010/3/4 11:43Profile
CyndiH

Maryland

Re:

Thank you, everyone. I knew my feelings about this man were warranted. He comes across as a used car salesman and I can't stand to listen to him. I only wish I could get my husband to see him for what he is.

2010/3/4 13:40Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

One of the ways you can evaluate such men who claim to have a serious Holy Spirit word( as they claim) is if christ is made much of. The Holy Spirit exalts christ see John 16 ( his person and works) he empowers us to see the excellence and worth of christ to such and extent that we bow the knee in worship and cry holy holy holy. I once heard charles leither say that if you really want to see how sinful you are you don't have to just use the law look at christ and how perfect and wonderful he is and you will cry out to God for mercy. Christ is the chief end of the christain not money, possessions, and wealth of all types.

Another thing you will see with these men is that they exalt the external at the expense of the eternal. They promise you your best life now in order that you may have your worst eternity later. No mention of Sin, the just wrath of God, Holiness in your personal life and a call to pure devotion to christ is absent.

2 peter 2 says

1But(A) false prophets also arose among the people,(B) just as there will be false teachers among you, who will(C) secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master(D) who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth(E) will be blasphemed. 3And(F) in their greed they will exploit you(G) with false words.(H) Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

Don't you think it strange that these men never say anything relevent about christ who is the sum total of the Gospel Romans 1:1-3 The Gospel is concerning christ but these men make the gospel So man centered that is becomes a Gospel-less Gospel. They have a horrible understanding of the Gospel and as far as doctrine is concerned, well NUFF SAID!!!

I am not saying this because I have some hate or anger directed towards Mr Murdock but, It greives me when men have such an assertive attitude in thinking that they are the oracle of God . I really would love to see these men repent and truly see the worth of christ and preach a real Gospel with real results.

With Grace and love
Fuego.

2010/3/4 15:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy