SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wild Witnessing: open-air in Deep Ellum

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I dont know anything about a jail sentence. If I can't pay the fine and end up getting arrested and going to court, I'm hoping it would just get tossed out.

Well it might not be tossed out of court I think we need to start praying for Jesse and that this works out in which soever way for the good of the gospel. Praise the Lord for this Jesse its awesome to hear how good is moving this sounds like the book of acts!! hehe

2004/10/12 12:30Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

If the Lord chooses to have Jesse in jail for the sake of the gospel, I guess that means the Lord could be calling him into prison ministry for a while. (and no, that is not intended as a joke)

In China, it seems their churches all lack an official prison ministry because most have some members already in jail.

Do you know if Ravenhill ever got put in prison for preaching during WW2?

2004/10/12 13:06Profile

Re:

I only know that Ravenhill had to go to court and see the judge for having too big of a crowd. Thats all I know. I am painting David Ravenhills garage with him on monday, I'll be sure to ask him.

2004/10/12 18:23
rocklife

usa

Re:

If you have to go to jail to pay this fine, we pray it will be taken care of quickly. I turned myself in to pay for a fine of $500 (before conversion), since I am not a violent criminal and they saw I was only a skinny young girl in college, the judge allowed my 5 hours in jail be sufficient.

Hopefully, if it comes to it, you find favor in the eyes of the judge, even if you have to be in a holding cell for a little bit.

2004/10/23 3:09Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Lord Jesus, please help this laborer, please continue to encourage him and be with him. Give him favor in the eyes of the court or give him the money to pay the fine. And help him not get any more tickets. In Jesus' name I pray, Your will be done, not mine, amen.

2004/10/23 3:11Profile

Re:

Hey, thanks for the encouragement and prayer. I decided to send it in and request a court date. I have two options. I could request a trial by jury or a trial by a judge. I checked the box for trial by jury. That means that they have to go through the long process of finding all the juriers and going through that whole long process so my prayer and hope is that the prosecutor will decide it is not worth it and drop it before it even makes it to court. but if I do go to court then I will fight and hopefully still get it dismissed and that would pave the way for preaching in that area in the future. I hope that it gets there in the mail before my 21 days run up and they issue a warrent. Thanks for your prayers!

2004/10/23 9:25

I love your witness Brother Jesse

Brother,
I know nobody like you my brother. Truly cut from a different mold, from another day. You know what book you would like?..."Azusa Street", by Frank Bartleman.....this book would just ENCOURAGE you most mightily!! Sending my prayers and loving thots out to ya!!

In His love,
Neil

2004/10/23 22:20
dohzman

Re:

Brother---I pm'd you---contact The American Center for Law and Justice or one of the many fine christian legal organizations.There is already Legal precedent in this matter at a FEDERAL level which means this----where a higher court rules on a matter a lower court cannot come in and over turn such a decision.But in the same way you need to have an ADVOCATE IN HEAVEN---JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS----in heaven stating your case before God ,as it were, You REALLY!!!!!need to have a christian lawyer present a letter of arguement on your behalf.The case will be thrown out before it comes to court if you have them just send a letter siteing prior jurisprudence(legal decisions)---because for them to move forward would mean that they would risk major law suites and no municipality will do that.Trust me ---they know they have no case but they will take your money if you go it alone because you don't know the law and they'll argue civil statue in stead of legal constitutional right with prior Federal court decisions to back it up.Listen.Listen.Listen.

2004/10/24 7:14Profile
RobbieMcGee

Re:

We have a similar event here in Augusta, GA called "First Friday" where they block off about 5 or so blocks of a main street here full of bars and clubs and they have like a street party. They have a couple P.A. stages where different local bands play at scheduled times. Well God recently laid it on my heart to go down there and do open air preaching and witnessing, and seeing as how I used to be a rock singer it just so happens that I have connections with the guys that do the scheduling for the event so its a possibility that I could get a spot to get on one of the stages(or both) and preach the gospel. I think it should prove interesting cause there are a good bit of witches and gothic/vampire type people in that area. God be glorified over all..

2004/10/24 10:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Laz!

Brother, what can I say...
You are leaving such an impression on my heart, I am vowing right now to intercede for you even more so daily.

Mat 9:38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest."

Don't think we need to stop short once they are out there.

Dohzman's advice is good. Though I get a bit weary of hearing some of the whiny things Christians want to defend every time they get a bit of opposition, in your case think the ACLJ would be more than helpful. Here's a link:

[url=http://www.aclj.org/]http://www.aclj.org/[/url]

...and your painting David Ravenhills garage :-P , you gotta love it.

Way to go brother!

2004/10/24 11:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy