Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Goal of the Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TruthNLove

California

Re: The Goal of the Gospel

Yes but that is not it, even the demons believe that. The goal of the gospel is to save sinners from God's judgement, granting forgiveness of sins and eternal life by the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2010/2/23 17:55Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is, "that"? You say is not it?

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Paul says the goal of the Gospel is to fulfill the Word of God for us in Christ Jesus, The Mystery, Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/2/23 22:12Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree it's important to let people know that Jesus is alive, one of the points of the early Christians wasn't solely Christ is alive but that Christ is alive and He is coming back!

2010/2/24 7:45Profile

Re: The Goal of the Gospel

Is there a place here for something the Lord has taught me(teastimony)? .If so I might share something.

In His Love,
Elizabeth

2010/2/25 10:22
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I agree it's important to let people know that Jesus is alive, one of the points of the early Christians wasn't solely Christ is alive but that Christ is alive and He is coming back!

I think in the apostolic preaching of the early church, you see the emphasis on Jesus Christ crucified, risen, and soon coming king. Of course, the early church preached on many topics. But, whatever they preached on seemd to flow ultimately out of these three points. But, I believe the true center of the gospel message, and the glue that held it altogether, is ultimately found in the resurrection message.

2010/2/25 11:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy