SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Making DVD's

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Making DVD's

Hi! I love Zac Poonen's 70 hour Bible study but I really don't like sitting in front of my computer all that time!

I know how to download a sermon. Can someone tell me how to put his video sermon onto a DVD so I can sit in my living room and watch him??

Or could someone point to a make-a-dvd-for-dummies type of instructions?? (huge grin)

Thank you so much!!

2010/2/17 15:22Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Making DVD's

Hello Lysa,

Does your DVD player "read" divx files? You can check this if it is somewhere written in the front of your DVD player ([url=http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/ever_2.jpg]like here[/url]). Most of the new DVD players (produced past 2-3 years_ have this option. So if it can read, than it will be much easier. If not, I will try to help you how to make DVD.

2010/2/17 16:13Profile
DBen

Western NY, USA

You can contact the brothers at Ravensministry in TX and they will send them to you. They do ask for a little bit of money but if you are not planning on making DVD's on a regular basis it is probably better to just get them sent to you.

http://www.ravensministry.com/

Hope this helps.

2010/2/17 16:23Profile
Lysa

DBen, thank you for that information. That will be my last resort! If I don't try first, then I would think that I was "using" them and I don't want to do that! I like to learn new things and if I can learn it, I would rather do that if I can.

Quote:
Does your DVD player "read" divx files?

I never thought about that!

What I use to watch DVD's is my son's newer xbox. It's about a year old.

I have DVD-RW, I can make one and see if it will play on there; other than that, I don't know if he will know.

God bless you both!!

2010/2/17 16:55Profile
TrueWitness

It's not too hard, but there are several steps involved.

Step 1.)Download the video to your computer's hard drive. I use a utility add-on to Firefox that does this easily. There are plenty of other ways to do the same thing, I know this one and it is easy. It works only with Firefox. After Firefox is installed, go here to download and install 1-Click YouTube Video Download:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13990
When this is installed, when you go to a video on YouTube, directly below the video there will be several 3-letter file extensions in blue (FLV and MP4 will almost certainly be there, maybe others as well). These are links to download the video file to your computer. Click on one (I think MP4 is the best quality, so if it's listed, click on it), and a save dialog box will appear. Navigate to a folder on your hard drive where you want to save this file to and DON'T FORGET WHERE THIS FOLDER LOCATION IS. You will need to remember it later. Click the Save button to download the file. On SermonIndex when you find a video sermon you want to download, you must first go to the video on YouTube.com. To do this, just click on the video screen on the SermonIndex site and it will send you to the video on YouTube. Once you have the video on YouTube, the blue 3-letter download links (FLV, MP4) will be available.

Step 2.) Make a DVD of the downloaded videos. I use DVD Flick which is easy, open source, and FREE. You can place multiple videos on one DVD. The DVD Flick software will alert you if you have too many videos and they won't fit on one DVD. Get DVD Flick here:
http://www.dvdflick.net/
Download and install it. Simply add video files to your DVD project. This is where you need to remember where you downloaded the files at. Just click on the Add Title button on the upper right side and navigate to where the video is, highlight it and click open. Repeat for each video you want included on the DVD. When you are done, there are two things I like to change before I let it encode and burn a DVD. Click on Project Setting button at the top. On the Project Settings box click on Playback on the left and then UNCHECK the box next to "Loop to first title when done playing last". I never want my DVDs to repeat after they finish playing. Also on that same Project Settings box, click on Burning on the left side and check the box next to "Burn Project to disk". You will need to have at least 5 Gigabytes of free hard drive space for the program to work. 10 Gigabytes to be safe. Insert a blank DVD into DVD burner and then click the Create DVD button. It will take a while for it to do it's thing.

2010/2/17 16:56Profile
Lysa

Re: Truewitness

Quote:
It will take a while for it to do it's thing.

Boy, you have that right!! I've started juicing in the morning and through cleaning the vegetables, juicing them and cleaning the juicer, it's still only half done... [b]BUT IT'S WORKING!!![/b] lol I followed your directions to a tee!

Thank you so much! and God bless you!

2010/2/18 6:57Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

if you have the "xvid" mark it mau be possible for you to just burn th emovie files to the dvd, which will be done depending on your dvd drive maybe ten minutes time. So if you have such a mark on your dvd player you would save all that time.

2010/2/18 10:18Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy