SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ken Ham, Creation scientist," State of the union 2" webcast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Ken Ham, Creation scientist," State of the union 2" webcast

There will be a live webcast tues Feb 16th at 8 pm est.

Ken ham is a brilliant biblical creation scientist. here is the linko. enjoy!

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

2010/2/16 5:53

Re: Ken Ham, Creation scientist," State of the union 2" webcast

I think it was the brilliant carpenter Jesus Christ who said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one gets to Father except through Me". Jn 14:6

And the brilliant tent maker Paul who said: "God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." 1 Cor: 21-25

Scripture gives instruction on how it is to be preached and taught. When Paul came under the law to win some under the law for Christ 1 Cor 9:19-21 he preached Christ. Likewise some of these Creationists should do the same under 'science'. I don't see enough of that. Conviction of sin and repentance in Christ is what the evolutionists need. Our prayer should be for this. I believe the creationists concerning the truth of the Bible because of Christ, not because of their savvy intellectual arguments. I understand the desire to tie science to it's Creator... God. But the Bible I read is a book of faith. Abraham didn't have science yet righteousness was credited to him via faith. It is in this same faith that we are justified as righteous children who belong to Christ.

2010/2/16 7:45
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall Abraham conversing with evolutionist.

Also, the role of some creation ministries, is to help Christians understand that God is creator, as some even question this, and to strengthen the faith of believers.

Some Christians are so weak minded, as the word of God tells us, that they would believe extra-biblical teachings as opposed to what the word of God says.

Still, as it is, we need to reach people, God's way. Some people will not step foot through a building to hear the word of God, or will mock at street preaching or evangelism.

It's hard for them to mock or not listen to something they themselves are involved in.

As the word of God tells us, we are to do all to the glory of God, 1 Cor 10v31.

1 Peter 1v3v15 tells us to give a reason for the hope that is in us.

When people ask us questions, do we just say, "I don't know." Then wonder why they mock.
Yes, they mock when we have answers, but at least they have something to think about for a change.

Still, it's all in God's hands.

God bless.

2010/2/16 8:50Profile

Re:

"Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall Abraham conversing with evolutionist." enid

Neither did Christ or Paul. So do their instructions make evolutionists exempt? Unsaved is unsaved. And does this make faith any less important to the unsaved which were here then and now?

"It's hard for them to mock or not listen to something they themselves are involved in." enid

Sadly Paul and Christ were both mocked...but they held firm to their instruction. And the Bible says we will be also as the cross is foolishness to them. Was Paul involved in the law, and a Jew, when he went under it to preach Christ? He was one of them, at one point, when he brought Christ forth. Even if creationism were proven scientifically, does it prove Christ? And if it did would this be the faith that the Bible says is necessary?

The end result has to be faith. Again Scripture instructs us how it is to be taught and preached.

"Some Christians are so weak minded, as the word of God tells us, that they would believe extra-biblical teachings as opposed to what the word of God says." enid

The reason you know some Christians are weak minded is because of The Word. Yet the same Word of God isn't sufficient for the strength of the remnant? The Word of God identifies the problem of weakness but it isn't sufficient to build up, encourage, or edify the same weakness it identifies?

Many of Paul's Epistle's were to the weak minded and for the weakminded.

2010/2/16 9:03
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

You said it.

2010/2/16 9:39Profile

Re:

If a man with a mail-order Ph.D says it, it must be true.

2010/2/16 14:02
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

the direct site for the webcast tonight is [url=http://www.answerslive.org/]http://www.answerslive.org/[/url] at 8pm EST

2010/2/16 14:12Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Ken Ham, Creation scientist," State of the union 2" webcast

I admire Ken Ham's unyielding stand for the truth. It is alright to use scientific arguments, but ultimately creation is understood by faith.
Hebrews 11:3

In order to disbelieve creation a willful act of suppressing the truth is needed.
Romans 1:20-25

2010/2/16 18:16Profile

Re:

it's on now

2010/2/16 20:08
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: dogmatic truth

Quote:
by narrowpath:
I admire Ken Ham's unyielding stand for the truth.
It is alright to use scientific arguments, but ultimately creation is understood by faith.

I believe in Creation 100%, I just don't believe in Ken Ham's point of "truth" on it!!

God bless you narrowpath!

2010/2/16 20:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy