SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : new creation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bluebonnet

new creation

I'll try to keep this short. I have posted a prayer request for our children on the request site.
I became a Christian 33 1/2 years ago. Married 33 years ago in March. I was very intent on doing it "right". I measured everything and everybody (including myself) according to the knowledge of good and evil. Such a spiritual snob.
After about 15 or so years and six children later, I was so empty and despairing. I raised my fist in anger at Him. Ended up in drugs, alcohol and suicidal. Needless to say I did untold damage to our family. Their pain is still there.
Almost seven years into being restored. I choose to live my life as a new creation, with a new heart. I have confessed and repented (also made amends like recovery programs suggest). What I need be careful of is hearing Him in family relational matters. I am labeled by some of them. They are caught in the pain and wounds of past negligence and abuse.
I am not going to give Satan the upperhand in the condemning labels put on me. No condemnation for me because I'm in Christ. I find myself in fear over it though. Won't walking in love overcome my fear? I want to be sensitive to them, but can't let their feelings and thinking rule and reign (which is idolatry - miserable gods feeling and thinking can be , either mine or others). Like walking on eggshells.
I soooo want to love and minister to them. I know Satan works to destroy all of us, so, I put up a short, simple request on prayer request.

2010/2/15 16:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy