SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Stopped by Fears! such as Fears of the Future!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Stopped by Fears! such as Fears of the Future!

I am a man who seems plagued by fears. I do not use my computer and do certain things for the Lord because of Fear

Proverbs 29:25 KJV
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe

I have loads of things that I would do, but once I do them.
Such as when I do something wrong! The devil says that you will never get married or some other thing!

I find Fears of the Future such as specific things such as Marriage hard to fight the Devil with. How do you fight events that you do not know? Which are specific! You have failed God?

Revivals I think are stopped from happening because people do not obey the Lord!

Matthew 10:28 KJV
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

1 John 4:18 KJV
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment . He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I also find how do you know, what is from the Lord? If you do something right and then get condemnation from the devil and do something from and get condemnation from the devil?
I know when the Lord says something right as it agrees with scripture!

I think fear has been thee main issue of God not using me in a amazing way!

2010/2/13 17:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Stopped by Fears! such as Fears of the Future!

Quote:
I think fear has been thee main issue of God not using me in a amazing way!

Maybe the reason you have so much fear is because your focus is wholly on yourself? Your own personal worth, your ability or no ability to function... what would happen if you were to take your focus off of yourself and put it on Jesus? Just tell Jesus about your fears - holding nothing back - and see what happens.

Check out 1 Peter 5:5,7; 1 John 4:18, Isaiah 8:12-14. EDIT: Read this verse in the NASB - confederacy is translated there as conspiracy.

Also read again the story of Peter walking on the water. God is still asking his children to 'walk on water' - something that is nigh impossible to do on your own but made possible by the mercy, and enabling grace of God.

Hope this helps - I used to have a lot of fear, too...

ginnyrose

2010/2/13 18:00Profile
HeartSong

Re: Stopped by Fears! such as Fears of the Future!

I just returned from walking the dog, and was contemplating these very things as I walked. Recently it seems that the Lord may be revealing the path that He would have me to take, and as I walked, I started to plot and plan, and consequently fear some of the things that might be coming. Almost immediately the Lord put this verse on my heart:

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." - Matthew 6:34

As I meditated upon this verse I realized that if I let my thoughts wander into the past, or the future, the enemy has an inroad to place fear upon my heart. Whereas, if I just concentrated upon "now" - what the Lord would have me do each step of the way - I will have no fear for I will only be looking to Him, and trusting Him, as each step falls into place.

Recently I learned the proper way of walking a dog which serves to illustrate this principle. The proper place for a dog to walk is slightly behind its master, where its sole purpose is to focus upon, and follow, the movement of its master. In this way the dog is kept safe. If the dog goes out ahead of its master its starts looking, and sniffing around it becomes easily startled and distracted from what it is supposed to be doing - which is following its master.

2010/2/13 18:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy