SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Majesty of God and His Inexplicable Virtues

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Giggles

The Majesty of God and His Inexplicable Virtues

I found this amazing:

The Confessions of Augustine; Book I, Chapter IV

What, then, art Thou, O my God--what, I ask, but the Lord God? For who is Lord but the Lord? or who is God save our God. Most high, most excellent, most potent, most omnipotent; most piteous and most just; most hidden and most near; most beauteous and most strong, stable, yet contained of none; unchangeable, yet changing all things; never new, never old; making all things new, yet bringing old age upon the proud and they know it not; always working, yet ever at rest; gathering, yet needing nothing; sustaining, pervading, and protecting; creating, nourishing, and developing; seeking, and yet possessing all things. Thou lovest, and burnest not; art jealous, yet free from care; repentest, and hast no sorrow; art angry, yet serene; changest Thy ways, leaving unchanged Thy plans; recoverest what Thou findest, having yet never lost; art never in want, whilst Thou rejoicest in gain; never covetous, though requiring usury. Thou receivest over and above, that Thou mayest owe; and who hath aught that is not Thine? Thou payest debts while owing nothing; and when Thou forgivest debts, losest nothing. Yet, O my God, my life, my holy joy, what is this that I have said? And what saith any man when He speaks of Thee? Yet woe to them that keep silence, seeing that even they who say most are as the dumb.

*Edited - found a better translation

2010/2/10 0:19Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re: The Majesty of God and His Inexplicable Virtues

Wow that is amazing.
Oh to be that close to God to be able to list so many of His characteristics!

2010/2/10 17:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy