SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : If God should choose our delusions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

If God should choose our delusions

"I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose [i]that[/i] in which I delighted not."

- Is 66:4(KJV)

I read a story just a while ago that made me think of this passage in the Scriptures. The story was about a teacher in Britain that is no longer teaching at the school he was employed at after some of his young muslim students were making comments(to him) about the 9/11 attacks and about Jews and Christians in particular.

Some of the alledged remarks would be disturbing for anyone to say and especially for young children. And the teacher said that he recieved no support from the school's directors and has appearantly felt it nescessary to resign.

Because of Britain's long Christian history and recent decline, and that of Europe in general, and the subsequent spread of Islam there, stories like this make me wonder if this is what the judgment of God may look like over a nation as a whole for turing away so thoroughly from the Word of God or having worked so hard to undermine it?

So many ironies can come to mind, I supose not the least of which would be to have set aside so many comforting promises of the Father and to instead be terrorised by the words of a little child.

I say that considering myself also, knowing that we all need grace from God to hear and to abide with His word.

May God keep us all in a reverential fear of His Word.

[i]EDIT I wanted to add that I didn't mean to suggest anything specifically about this teacher in anything that I wrote here. I hope that he will be alright.[/i]

2010/2/9 21:02Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: If God should choose our delusions

What a shame that Christians lack the authority,
boldness, and conviction to speak the gospel
truth and defend the cause of Christ !!

1 Peter 3:15-16

2010/2/9 22:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy