SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How did Christians pray for Israel before 1948?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Silo

How did Christians pray for Israel before 1948?

I haven't been saved too long so pardon my question.

It seems that were supposed to pray for and love Israel and the Jewish people. But Israel, the nation, wasn't established until 1948. So who/what/where did Christians pray for before that?

Am I totally missing something here?

2010/2/9 13:37Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: How did Christians pray for Israel before 1948?

Israel is more then just a place, it is a nation onto itself. I not 100% sure, but I would think that the land that is Israel (and prob more then they have currently) has always been Israel's, no matter who or what is occupying it.

We are to pray for Israel, the people, this may not include the land though.

Good question.

2010/2/9 14:16Profile

Re: How did Christians pray for Israel before 1948?

I don't know about the nation, but the city of Jerusalem is what the Israeli's were to pray for. It's not a command from God to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, it certainly would help. But lets not stop there, lets pray for the peace of New York, London, Paris, Baghdad, Beijing, San Francisco etc etc.. that all come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Psalms 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

2010/2/9 15:15
Santana

Re:

Quote:
Psalms 122:6

Just curious...

What's the capital of Israel? Tel Aviv or Jerusalem?

2010/2/9 16:08Profile
shy1

Re:

Jerusalem

2010/2/9 17:48Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

There were individuals who were praying for Jerusalem and the nation of Israel before it's formation in 1948. Indeed, we are to always intercede for Jersualem until God establishes it as the praise of the earth. But, as Art Katz showed, that will prove to be a very costly prayer for them. They will go through great trouble to see that happen.

2010/2/9 18:13Profile
jwlassi

Clemson University

Re:

Take a look at Romans 11 and 12 for God's heart for Israel. Israel is much more than a place, and many of his people (the Jewish ones of faith in God) are still scattered across the earth, as you probably well know. Throughout the prophets, God speaks of redeeming his people (Psalm 102 for example), and restoring them to their Messiah. Paul writes that once the full measure of Gentiles have been taken into the kingdom, it is the strategy of the Lord in the last days to save all of Israel by provoking them to jealousy and their jealousy would be provoked by the Spirit of God.

May we pray for Israel and the Jewish population that they would see the Messiah, Jesus, and come to repentance and faith.

2010/2/9 22:27Profile
Santana

Re:

Do most churches pray for Israel the land or for the Jewish people?

Because I visited many churches and they always make reference to the nation.

2010/2/18 16:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy