SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Need advice, don't know what to do

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Shamefaced

Re:

I teach an adult sunday school class, my wife is in class with me, we keep my one year old in class with us and our other two go to their own class

2010/2/9 15:31Profile
rbanks

Re: Need advice, don't know what to do

Having no desire to participate in the threads but felt compelled to comment in this one because of the great posts of alive-to-God and Natan offering such great help to another fellow brother.

I maybe wrong but I don’t think that you have really listened to the compassion and wisdom in their posts in striving to be helpful to you.

The word of God tells you to love your wife as Christ loved the church and also you have small children. You are responsible for them and you can make it better for them or you can make it hard on them and so brother it is not just about you.

I read the most gracious post that Natan wrote to you and it seemed to go right over your head and you really missed the heart of what he was really saying to you. You said the marines were not paying you for your service but because of what you went through in Iraq, which you say, you are mainly healed of now. I believe you missed his post because you would have never gone to Iraq and gone through all the horror if you hadn’t been in the marines in the first place.

Didn’t you say that Jesus healed you and has made your life better? Didn’t you risk your life and suffer so much as a marine for your country? If the marines had made you better and healed all your wounds and also given you a job to provide for your family then it would be wrong to take the support for something they healed you from. God is good brother and loves you and your family. He heals and blesses.

He can heal you and bless you with an income where your wife can look out for your children and doesn’t have to work outside the home. When God gives you an income along with the healing that does not make your wife and family suffer then give up the 50% disability. Why wouldn’t God heal you and provide for your family without undue hardship on your wife and children.

All I’m doing in spending valuable time and trying to say to you brother is don’t get ahead of God in trying to please God, at the expense of your family in whom you are suppose to love more than yourself.

My conscience is clear.

Blessings to you and yours!

2010/2/9 21:02Profile

Re: Need advice, don't know what to do

Good morning, S, :-)

Quote:
I teach an adult sunday school class, my wife is in class with me, we keep my one year old in class with us and our other two go to their own class

Thanks for clearing this up for me. Now I understand. May you be blessed more and more as you study God's word and do it.

2010/2/10 5:18
Shamefaced

Re:

Thanks all for the advice,
It's been about a month since this issue came back to the forefront of my mind again, and here it rests once again. I talked with my wife about the issue and we are going to seek counsel from our pastor tonight, please pray for us. My wife has been gracious, we both have reached a point in our lives that we need renewal in Christ, a renewed obedience and purpose of service towards Him. I'm at the point where I know if I don't settle this issue it will continue to come back to me and cause me grief. I believe that God is leading our family in a new direction, but I'm just still afraid to make that phone call to the VA. I know that God will provide for us if we obey Him, but it's hard to overcome my fears about finances and provision for our family. My wife and I prayed together last night, for our family, and for eachother. She even prayed that God would give us peace and strength to obey Him.

2010/3/10 16:16Profile
Shamefaced

Re:

To clarify-
This disability money has been provided to me based solely on the percentage of the disability that I was rated at by the VA. It is not a compensation for service in Iraq, or service in the Marine Corps; it is strictly compensation for a service connected disability, PTSD. As the severity of my disability has decreased (or disappeared), the corresponding percentage of compensation may decrease as well. To me it is being honest, I am recieving money for a condition that has vastly improved, or in my opinion, been healed.

2010/3/10 16:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
To me it is being honest

An extreme rare quality in this world. If you were to call VA and share with them, someone may fall out of his chair!
[EDIT] They may think your mind is indeed still impaired!

God bless you and your wife!

ginnyrose

2010/3/10 17:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy