SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hipster Megachurch Vying for Super Bowl Ad Spot

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Santana

Hipster Megachurch Vying for Super Bowl Ad Spot

Right away, I know most people on SI will come against "Christian" commericals in the Super Bowl...but why?

I believe in public ads but depends on how you go about it. I don't like this one...for obvious reasons.

The article starts off:

Quote:
"Mosaic, a 3,000-member megachurch, is one of six finalists in the Doritos' "Crash the Super Bowl" challenge with a lighthearted spoof that plays off the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

It ends with:

Quote:
"Nobody's going to fall on their knees and accept Jesus as a result of this spot. But advertisers on Madison Avenue spend millions on a Super Bowl spot because they know it influences people," said Cooke, the producer. "It might not get someone converted, but I think it will get someone to say, 'Maybe there is something I ought to investigate."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584467,00.html

2010/2/1 15:31Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Hipster Megachurch Vying for Super Bowl Ad Spot

Hi Santana...

I saw that article this morning on Yahoo's homepage. I was saddened by it. Can you imagine the laughter that such an advertisement must bring to Satan? I suppose that this megachurch may very well become known as the "Doritos" church. Some churches, I think, would prefer to be known for their anguished, tearful prayers for the lost.

It reminded me of something that Leonard Ravenhill said about traveling music bands. They used to advertise that the Singing Jones' (etc...) would come and "sing revival" in your congregation. He pondered why there weren't any traveling groups that would come just to PRAY for revival.

Forgive me if I sound gloom about it. I guess that there isn't anything wrong with Doritos. I just wonder if there is something better that could be done with the resources that God has provided.

:-(

2010/2/1 17:49Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Chris

You wrote:Forgive me if I sound gloom about it. I guess that there isn't anything wrong with Doritos. I just wonder if there is something better that could be done with the resources that God has provided.

I was thinking the same thing as I read over this post. Is this really what the Lord has for us to be doing? How sad:(

God Bless
maryjane

2010/2/1 18:56Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Hipster Megachurch Vying for Super Bowl Ad Spot

"A light-hearted spoof of the resurrection??"
It might not get someone converted??" Unless
we realize the truth of the gospel that the
work of the cross is the power of GOD to save
and give life; we will not realize the hope of
the resurrection !!

2010/2/1 21:08Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Being that Super Bowl ads are going for as much as 3 million bucks, seems like a waste to be doing something "light-hearted" filled with a lot of "mights." I wonder what 3 million would accomplish for some GFA missionaries.

2010/2/1 23:58Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

groan...

2010/2/2 0:12Profile
tozerite

Plano, TX

Re:

Ps 106:32... they angered Him... 33 Because they provoked His Spirit... the did not destroy the nations...

(and their idols; e.g., idol worship prominent in 2 Kings)

35. BUT WHERE MINGLED AMONG THE HEATHEN AND LEARNED THEIR WORKS

36. And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them

(The Word of God endureth forever; as poignant today as it was more than four thousand years ago. He that has an ear to hear, let him hear.)

2010/2/7 17:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy